New Burberry Nova Check Raspberry Sorbet Opinions

Loco4Coco

O.G.
Jul 9, 2008
Today I bought a Nova check tote and matching long wallet with the Raspberry Sorbet trim. I just checked it out on burberry's site, it looks a lot more HOT pink than it did in person. Anyhow, how new is this bag with the new colored straps...also would like to hear everyone's opinions on it. I am debating. Thanks in advance

I think that it is a brand new design, I only saw it appear on the site last week. Personally, I am not into these new neon colored Novas , to me they defeat the entire purpose of the Nova (chic but still classic) but if I had to choose I would say the raspberry is the best out of all the colors. I do love some of the other new designs just not these neons. But is a personal thing really, it comes down to what you love.

Hmmmm...yes, I would have to agree - the coloured trim on the haymarket purses don't interest me, either. But it's a matter of personal opinion - to me, the Burberry checks (both haymarket and nova) should exude elegance and I think that the coloured trim takes away from it...

Well, the ones you posted Old are cute but these are not the ones I was referring to when I said I did not like the bag. I do not think these are available in Europe where I am the ones I was referring to are these:

http://www.burberry.eu/fcp/product/...-TOTE-BAG/10000014742?colour=raspberry_sorbet

I like some of the models when only the handles and trim are colored but even then I tend to personally only like red trim or maybe this raspberry and in the Haymarket the turquoise trim.

Which bag did you get?

Hello Old, yes I like those as well, your wife is a lucky person. I like both bags you linked; I have the Nova tote with black patent mine has done me great service for the two months I have had it. I also got the Exploded check canvas tote you told me you liked, I just love that bag but have not worn it yet. It is funny because before you told me that you did not like Nova as much. Honestly, I think I even prefer the bowling bag for looks and I love the raspberry red trim but I think the shape and handles of the bowling bag make it less practical than the tote. I am now considering getting a third bag; the new smoked check hobo with tan trims, that is a really nice bag in my opinion too.

I bought the tote with the raspberry trim, for some reason I am not seeing it in this color choice on Burberry's site now. However, I can tell you that the pink is much more calm and deep in person. It looks almost hot pink on the site pics. in person it's deeper and richer. I need to try and get some pics. up on here. I am still really debating keeping it or not.

Hello Loco4Coco,

Why are you unsure about keeping it? I think it is a beautiful bag, I can imagine that the pink is as you described in real life, in fact that was what I pictured. You know every time I make a bigger purchase I always debate whether I should keep the bag in the 30 day return period. But then I end up keeping them and usually they end up my favorite bags. I think it is just buyer's remorse, probably feeling guilty and wondering if you should have gotten something different if anything at all, whether there is a nicer bag out there, etc. But then I always think through my purchases for weeks in advance and this way I am not making rash decisions if that makes sense. Your bag looks really pretty, if you got the tote I have that with black trim and I love mine.

I just bought this bag and was wondering if you could tell me what it is like in person....I wanted something with a pop of color that would go with just about anything.