Alexander Wang New Brick Rocco - is it a keeper?

May 10, 2010
I ordered a brick/dark sepia Rocco online and have taken it out of the bag and tried it on several times trying to decide whether it's a keeper or not - so I thought I'd throw it open to the floor for help!

I love the style, that's not the issue, but have been trying to put my finger on why I'm hesitating on the colour, and the best I can come up with is that maybe the red/brown tone of the bag doesn't "go" with my grey/black/blue/cool-coloured wardrobe - what do you think??

I originally wanted Black or Forest Green (see my signature!) but was taken by the pics of the Brick online, and am wondering whether my impulse purchase should go back, and whether I should go for Black or Forest Green instead... all opinions welcome! TIA :flowers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_3796s.jpg
    IMG_3796s.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_3798s.jpg
    IMG_3798s.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 886
  • IMG_3806s.jpg
    IMG_3806s.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 886
I like the color, but don't love it - and I have to say that as nice as the leather is, the color is what makes the AW bags so lovely. I recently had been dying for the Forest Diego in leather, and when it came in the mail I was kind of "meh" about the color, so I returned it and got the Diego in the Forest Cut Velvet Leather instead (which I love).

IMO, if you don't love the color now, that's probably not going to change, so why not return it for a color that you're crazy about.

I think it looks fine with your coat, but not with the purple sweater. I hadn't seen one other than stock pics, and it looks lighter than what I had expected. I was hoping the color would be more rich. It looks a little washed out to me. If you are not 100% happy with it, get a different color.

Wow! I :heart: the brick rocco! But, IrisCole and lorihmatthews are right...if you don't love it then you need to return/exchange it and get a different color.

I will occasionally be attracted to and purchase a bag out of my "safety zone" (brown and black). Inevitably it will end up sitting in the closet waiting on just the right outfit or occassion....such a waste.

I adore this color and have several bags in that color range - I wear mostly black, grey, browns so the color range matches me perfectly. It is not too bright yet bright enough to stand out.

If you don't like it, get a color you will. :smile:

I think it's a gorgeous color, but if you have hesitations, then I encourage you to return it and get something that is more in line with your current wardrobe hues.

Thanks so much everyone - it's great to have feedback as I'd looked so long at the bag I was beginning to get "bag blindness"!! IrisCole - IKWYM about Forest Green and I checked out your threads. I think brick has to go back and I'll see if I can find a London stockist with the Forest Green to see it IRL before jumping in to another purchase :smile:

I think it's gorgeous. The leather looks thick and really nicely pebbled. How does it feel IRL?

Littlerock - it's gorgeous leather, really pebbly and thick (esp compared to some I've seen in stores). I haven't yet taken it back - I have another 5 days on the returns policy before it's crunch time, and I still keep trying it on!! (am terrible at decisions :rolleyes:)

I saw a Forest Green yesterday (pic below) but it was badly scuffed at the corners and had faded, and I'm thinking I may need a more definite colour bag (so luggage, brick, black, smoke).

attachment.php

The saga continues! We don't have as wide a variety of AW in the UK as in the US so tracking down non-black/luggage can be difficult :sweatdrop:

Attachments

• photo_1s.JPG
    photo_1s.JPG
    115 KB · Views: 725