New Brand - Arayla Made in LA

Comparison of my three Arayla leathers (left to right ) vegetable-tanned , pebbled, butter...I did weigh the bags and the pebbled and veggie-tanned weigh 15 oz. more than the butter but you have to keep in mind that my butter leather bag was a first gen so has no front pocket and has a linen rather than suede lining, and no rolled edges.
View attachment 4401812

Butter:
Most of you have this one, super-spoft, feels broken-in when you receive her. Light weight compared to my other two. Mine has quite a bit of texture, I believe some of you have super smooth, so I'm a bit confused by that.
View attachment 4401814
Pebbled:
Heavier in weight than the butter. Thicker than the butter but still soft, has a bit more structure but that will soften as used.
View attachment 4401815
Vegetable-tanned:
Heavier than the butter but the same weight as the pebbled. Much stiffer, this bag will take more breaking in but I'm convinced that it'll wear beautifully and that the character will improve with the day to day scratches and dings that bags get. It has a shine from the product applied at the atelier but I'm sure that'll wear off with use.
View attachment 4401817

Thanks for these comparisons. It's good to know that the pebbled and havana leathers weigh about the same, for future buying reference. I can also attest to the vegetable tanned leather breaking in and getting smooshy. I've worn mine almost everydaysince getting it and it is a different bag now.

Reactions: muchstuff and lenie
Thanks for these comparisons. It's good to know that the pebbled and havana leathers weigh about the same, for future buying reference. I can also attest to the vegetable tanned leather breaking in and getting smooshy. I've worn mine almost everydaysince getting it and it is a different bag now.
Glad to hear it's breaking in so quickly!

Are you noticing any reduction in shine yet?

Definitely. The side that faces outward is losing it more quickly than the other side, so I flip the bag to maintain equal wear on both sides. I actually don’t mind the shine on this bag, but I think that this leather will look good no matter what the finish eventually becomes.

I got my tassel last week. Did you get yours?

Definitely. The side that faces outward is losing it more quickly than the other side, so I flip the bag to maintain equal wear on both sides. I actually don’t mind the shine on this bag, but I think that this leather will look good no matter what the finish eventually becomes.

I got my tassel last week. Did you get yours?
Yup, it came with my grey.

Reactions: Kimbashop
I think you said earlier that they conditioned the bag with something that made it shiny? Do you know why?

I’m not sure why it is so shiny- maybe for protection while shipping or water repellency. Personally I have a thing for shiny bags so I’m regularly conditioning mine with Bick 4. But this is definitely a leather that is meant to be “naked”.

Reactions: muchstuff
I’m not sure why it is so shiny- maybe for protection while shipping or water repellency. Personally I have a thing for shiny bags so I’m regularly conditioning mine with Bick 4. But this is definitely a leather that is meant to be “naked”.

@piosavsfan, have you used your fushia bag yet? I would love to know how it is wearing and low it looks when worn. You’ve got me thinking about ordering the Harlow in Fushia. I love dark pink.

@piosavsfan, have you used your fushia bag yet? I would love to know how it is wearing and low it looks when worn. You’ve got me thinking about ordering the Harlow in Fushia. I love dark pink.
I've only used it for one day so far but can already tell that it is breaking in. I plan on using it for at least the next two weeks and will be able to tell you more about how it is wearing.

Reactions: Kimbashop