New Brand - Arayla Made in LA

Good plan!!! I love the color of the whiskey. I am interested to see how she wears.
I had my mind set on the pewter Hepburn, but there have been no shots of the Harlow so I think I am going to go in that direction. I LOVE a good hobo bag and I think that the next batch of hobos will be more structured so I want to get one now that will be super smooshy!!!
I love the pewter....is it lame to have two bags that are exactly the same color??? I guess I can answer my own question by stating that if I were to buy two LVs in monogram, they would be the same!!!

The pewter is stunning. That’s why I can’t decide between the pewter or titanium Harlow. I was able to try on Janelle’s Harlow and it is a great, drapey Hobo. It really shows off the suppleness of the leather. I see no problem getting two styles in the same color. We all have more than one black bag!

We all have more than one black bag!
Good point! I love the pewter. I initially wanted the Nightingale in the same bubble lamb that the Monroe clutch I have is made out of but Janelle said the leather was too delicate for that bag so I got the more durable butter leather. I thought I wanted the titanium leather but there was no Nightingale in that leather so pewter was it for me. I am so glad !

The Harlow that Janelle has now has a stiffer interfacing that I think is going to be used in future bags. I love my bags to pool so I’m going to get one now before they change.

BTW....how lucky your sister is!!! Wish I had a sis to buy me nice bags!

Their styles are so timeless and elegant! Their leathers are supple, durable and of high quality. The bags should come with warnings- they are addicting and you can’t stop at only one. [emoji2]

well now I really want one too:biggrin:, but can’t decide between Harlow or Austen in Pewter!
Well.....I had the same dilemma before I ordered. I am usually a hobo person, but I kept seeing the Nightingale and had wanted a satchel so I went for that one!!! What types of bags do you tend to carry?? Do you want to go with what you usually use or try something new??? They are both gorgeous. I have my heart set on the Harlow.....in pewter (I keep saying this so that I don't get sidetracked and order something else! :P).

Let us know what you decide on!!!

Well.....I had the same dilemma before I ordered. I am usually a hobo person, but I kept seeing the Nightingale and had wanted a satchel so I went for that one!!! What types of bags do you tend to carry?? Do you want to go with what you usually use or try something new??? They are both gorgeous. I have my heart set on the Harlow.....in pewter (I keep saying this so that I don't get sidetracked and order something else! :P).

Let us know what you decide on!!!
Haha, I am a fan of a N/S or square bags that are soft, yet have some architectural sturdiness to them. My most favorite handbag is a shopper by Von Holzhausen (speaking of US women designers :biggrin:). By this description, Austen should be my jam, but it seems slightly boxy. Harlow is super pretty though.
@lenie, how do these bags/leather compare to MM's as far as quality of construction and leather?

I am a fan of a N/S or square bags that are soft, yet have some architectural sturdiness to them. My most favorite handbag is a shopper by Von Holzhausen (speaking of US women designers :biggrin:). By this description, Austen should be my jam, but it seems slightly boxy
Well.....;););) a "little bird" might have told me that there may be a one-of-a-kind Austin available...;);), you know since that is your jam and all!!!

I don't have any of Marco's bags but I have an embarrassingly large collection of BE bags and I can say that these bags are equal in both quality, construction, and leather to those bags. Before I bought the Nightingale, I had my BE bags in heavy rotation. I was losing the feel for those as they tend to be heavier than what I prefer. I was relieved to get the Nightingale and find that it was easier on my shoulder. I really love all of the attention to detail that Arayla has. Many of those are very subtle and they took me a while to notice them! LOVE them!!

Haha, I am a fan of a N/S or square bags that are soft, yet have some architectural sturdiness to them. My most favorite handbag is a shopper by Von Holzhausen (speaking of US women designers :biggrin:). By this description, Austen should be my jam, but it seems slightly boxy. Harlow is super pretty though.
@lenie, how do these bags/leather compare to MM's as far as quality of construction and leather?

The creative director used to work with Marco when BE was around so the quality standards and company philosophy are similar.
The workmanship and quality matches that of MM bags. The butter leather is a cross between MM’s vachetta and Nappa. It is supple like Nappa but has the thickness of vachetta, but it’s lighter than vachetta. The leather is incredible in that is has some structure to it but it is still supple and not heavy. It is not smooshy like Merinos, but it still drapes beautifully in styles like the Harlow.
Arayla started their collection with more classic, timeless styles like the totes( Hepburn and Austen), the Hobo ( Harlow), the cross body/ clutch ( Monroe), and the satchel (nightingale).

The creative director used to work with Marco when BE was around so the quality standards and company philosophy are similar.
The workmanship and quality matches that of MM bags. The butter leather is a cross between MM’s vachetta and Nappa. It is supple like Nappa but has the thickness of vachetta, but it’s lighter than vachetta. The leather is incredible in that is has some structure to it but it is still supple and not heavy. It is not smooshy like Merinos, but it still drapes beautifully in styles like the Harlow.
Arayla started their collection with more classic, timeless styles like the totes( Hepburn and Austen), the Hobo ( Harlow), the cross body/ clutch ( Monroe), and the satchel (nightingale).
Super helpful, thank you! I like Austen but she reminds me a lot of Marco’s Venus which is my coveted purchase, so I think I will await for that one in this case. Now Harlow on the other hand... :smile:

So, I heard about Arayla from a friend of mine and I wanted to find out more info but there wasn't a thread on here so I thought I would start one. I began following Arayla on Instagram and was instantly impressed with their bag designs and the philosophy of the company. The bags are ethically crafted out of really beautiful premium leathers in Los Angeles. I love to support companies that keep their production at home in the US. They also seem to create their bags with the working woman in mind.

I have the reveal pictures and will post more as I use the bag and get the feel of how it wears and carries.
View attachment 3932063 View attachment 3932064 View attachment 3932065 View attachment 3932066 View attachment 3932067 View attachment 3932068 View attachment 3932069 View attachment 3932070

I had a really hard time deciding what color and style to get but the stylist I spoke with at Arayla was so helpful (and patient). I told her my needs and what kinds of bags I prefer and she suggested the Nightingale satchel. I initially wanted a gray butter leather bag but decided to go with the pop of the pewter butter leather. My initial thoughts when I took the bag out of the box after I was blown over by the color of the bag, was how lightweight it was. There are two things that are a must for me. A bag has to be lightweight and it has to have a crossbody strap. This bag has both of those qualities.

I'm attaching an action shot that shows the size of the bag. I had so much stuffed into that bag since we were out trekking around downtown LA.

Please post your bag pix if you happen to have any. I would love to see other action shots. I am considering another bag and can't decide which to get next. I will definitely be getting something soon since they are having a grand opening sale with 10% off, no tax and free shipping in the US.

Here is the website https://arayla.com/
Can't wait to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Have never heard of that brand before... How about the price and quality? do you like it?

Have never heard of that brand before... How about the price and quality? do you like it?
This is my new favorite brand!!! I just heard of them toward the end of last year.
The quality of the bags is excellent. The features are well thought out and functional. The construction is durable and impeccable. The leathers that they use are high quality and wear well, from what I have experienced. I have been wearing my bag non-stop since December and it has shown no signs of wear and is breaking in nicely. The style that I have is more structured but it has softened up since I have gotten it. I love the weight of the bag as well as the crossbody strap, which is essential for me. I have more Belen Echandia bags than I can count and I can say that Arayla's quality is along the same lines, if you are familiar with that brand. These bags are made in small batches so I don't expect them to be on the same level as mass-produced designer bags. I expect more quality out of bags that have more attention paid to them in their creation and therefore will pay a bit more than I would if I were to buy something from a large store.

As for price, I believe that the prices are very fair for a high-quality, hand-made luxury leather bag. They are affordable luxury items that are timeless in their design. The option for a bespoke item is also very appealing to me. I love the idea of a bag being made just for me, to my specifications!

Oh, and I am totally smitten with the Arayla bags I currently have and seen. I am looking forward to adding to my collection!
Please let me know if you have any questions!