New Boy tote vs. Perfect Edge tote. and upgrade guilt?

Missrocks

Apr 6, 2008
So I just got the Perfect edge tote in fall, and of course now that Spring rolls around I find myself in absolute love with the new Boy quilted tote. :heart::heart::heart: I seriously wish I had never seen this picture cause I can't get it out of my head. The problem is, it is nearly the same as my Perfect edge tote, so I would definetly have to sell Perfect edge and I imagine will probably only get 60 percent of what I paid....the thought of the wasted money just makes me feel sick with guilt- yet I can't stop obsessing over how much more perfect the Boy is. I wish they made it in a color like red- then I feel it would be different enough, but I am pretty sure its only black and blue.
Does anyone else have a dilemma like this? Do you feel like there is always something better just lurking around the corner for next season? I would appreciate anyones thoughts on this subject as I can't decide what to do:wacko:
Boy Tote- courtesy of NM SA
photo-2.jpg

Me with Perfect Edge tote
1360458237.jpg

Last edited:
I bet this does make you feel sick to think of losing that much $. How long has it been since you bought the perfect edge? I actually like both but boy bags are edgy (funny the other has the word edge in it!) Are you sure the boy isn't offered in another color? If you wait til next season, it may come out in another color then you won't feel so bad about having both. It would be nice to have both.......

I bet this does make you feel sick to think of losing that much $. How long has it been since you bought the perfect edge? I actually like both but boy bags are edgy (funny the other has the word edge in it!) Are you sure the boy isn't offered in another color? If you wait til next season, it may come out in another color then you won't feel so bad about having both. It would be nice to have both.......

Omg, I love both of your bag? Did you bought them recently?

I just bought the Perfect Edge in November, thus the high guilt factor...

I was told the Boy only came in Blue and Black... Maybe the SA was wrong? Red would be nice...

Gosh, I just can't stay out of trouble when I come here. I really only intended to find out what stores were selling the Timeless clutch in black with GHW, and look what I stumble upon...So much want:sweatdrop:

I just bought the Perfect Edge in November, thus the high guilt factor...

I was told the Boy only came in Blue and Black... Maybe the SA was wrong? Red would be nice...

Gosh, I just can't stay out of trouble when I come here. I really only intended to find out what stores were selling the Timeless clutch in black with GHW, and look what I stumble upon...So much want:sweatdrop:

It can be very challenging seeing everyone's goodies on TPF and not wanting more and more. I'm sure most of us feel your pain :pout: I know I do. The blue may be an option-do you know what shade, like navy or bright? You could tell yourself and your dh it can be an "everyday" bag for when you wear jeans, etc. and still for work on days when you wear blue.

It can be very challenging seeing everyone's goodies on TPF and not wanting more and more. I'm sure most of us feel your pain :pout: I know I do. The blue may be an option-do you know what shade, like navy or bright? You could tell yourself and your dh it can be an "everyday" bag for when you wear jeans, etc. and still for work on days when you wear blue.

This is a good point. Would the Boy tote serve a different function than the Perfect Edge?

BTW, the tote you have looks fabulous on you! Would you regret giving it up?

Goodness- I've been in that position before! I do agree they are too similar to own both. I think it may be best to wait for future seasons or double check to make sure the Boy shopper doesn't come in different colors. And this may also help you buy time to really think about if the Boy shopper more and if you really want it or not. This way you wont feel the guilt/possible regret from selling your perfect edge so soon... and besides.. your perfect edge is outstanding!! :smile:
This decision is ultimately up to you, I hope that maybe a little more time to think about it and your perfect edge, and the way either of these bags makes you really feel will help you make this decision. But as I'm sure you know, it's important to not be too impulsive to avoid possible regret. I totally understand how crazy of a feeling it is to decide between 2 (or more sometimes!!) gorgeous Chanel bags! I hope my 2 cents were helpful. :smile:

Wishing you the best!

Both bags are gorgeous. Two bags are never too many. Just put the 40% that you would loose selling the Perfect Edge towards the Boy. If you do that, what you would end up paying for the Boy is very reasonable. :smile:

So I just got the Perfect edge tote in fall, and of course now that Spring rolls around I find myself in absolute love with the new Boy quilted tote. :heart::heart::heart: I seriously wish I had never seen this picture cause I can't get it out of my head. The problem is, it is nearly the same as my Perfect edge tote, so I would definetly have to sell Perfect edge and I imagine will probably only get 60 percent of what I paid....the thought of the wasted money just makes me feel sick with guilt- yet I can't stop obsessing over how much more perfect the Boy is. I wish they made it in a color like red- then I feel it would be different enough, but I am pretty sure its only black and blue.
Does anyone else have a dilemma like this? Do you feel like there is always something better just lurking around the corner for next season? I would appreciate anyones thoughts on this subject as I can't decide what to do:wacko:
Boy Tote- courtesy of NM SA

Me with Perfect Edge tote

That Boy tote is gorgeous but it is too easy to get caught up in madness on this forum because everyone is sharing their beautiful purchases here. There will always be another bag coming that we all would want. Your tote is beautiful. My advice: Enjoy it and wait until next season to see what new bags come out.

Thank you to everyone- this is all good advice:smile:

This is a good point. Would the Boy tote serve a different function than the Perfect Edge?

BTW, the tote you have looks fabulous on you! Would you regret giving it up?

Thank you for the compliment! Functionality wise, they really serve the same purpose.

For some reason I just can't into blue bags. Love them on everyone else though!

That Boy tote is gorgeous but it is too easy to get caught up in madness on this forum because everyone is sharing their beautiful purchases here. There will always be another bag coming that we all would want. Your tote is beautiful. My advice: Enjoy it and wait until next season to see what new bags come out.

This is soooo true. Sometimes I get so caught up in what I "don't have" that I forget how to appreciate what I already do have.:smile: