NEW BMW Ordered..yet Im ????...LOL!

^LMAO..OMG..I got made fun of at the car dealership last week when I called a 4 door car..a COUPE...They were like...DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I just learned that too..hehe.
I dont know the model CHARLES...LOL..Cuz the dealership was all out of cars.I had to buy one that is now on its way from Germany so I bought it sight unseen.I just picked my options and they showed me what car I could get from Germany...LMAO!

The big question is: What handbag did you bring to the dealership!! LOL

Thanks for clearing that up Charles and Jen!

I used to have a convertible, Jill, but in all honesty, it's something you might get sick of pretty quickly (as I did). But some girls love theirs forever, so its an individual thing!

I thought about doing the same thing since my youngest is now 13 ... but I love being high on my SUV. It's great to be able to see so far ahead esp in the freeways! If I do give it up ... it'd be a sports car!

That is a great perk to SUV's. I love being able to see what is happening in the different lanes.

coupe - 2 doors, sedan - 4 doors. i didnt learn that until recently, it's so much easier just to say 2dr, 4dr huh? :sweatdrop:

Actually a car is deemed as a coupe or sedan based off of it's interior volume or space, not the amount of doors. I used to think that it was based off of the doors as well but was scolded by my DH (who is car fanatic and mechanical engineer) that it is all about the interior volume (this is also how the society of automotive engineers define coupe).

Wrong person to ask here...I just ordered an 08 BMW X5! Bad bad bad! But, my current 06 BMW 330i got stuck in the mud at the barn so I really need a more horsey friendly SUV (and I just had to get another bimmer right?)

Actually a car is deemed as a coupe or sedan based off of it's interior volume or space, not the amount of doors. I used to think that it was based off of the doors as well but was scolded by my DH (who is car fanatic and mechanical engineer) that it is all about the interior volume (this is also how the society of automotive engineers define coupe).

:Push: i stand corrected again. i wonder how bmw defines their coupes? puhaha maybe i'll call them one day and ask. thanks for the info!

Annie, forgive me, i didnt mean to give false info

Congrats jill on the new car!!!! you'll love it!! and youll look sooo hot in it :smile:. I recently went from a sedan to a convertable "coupe" and it made me nervous the SAME EXACT way, I was sooo nervous i made the wrong decsion, but now i love it.

Yay congrats Jill!!!! Hope you enjoy it! BMW's are sexy, I love em. :amuse: Which series did you get? I have a 5 series sedan from '07, very comfy and pretty big which is good since I drive a lot. When I go on trips nearby and I don't fly it's great since I can just put everything in the back and I still have room. Oh and more room for your shopping bags!!!