new black/grey damier

those white handles are actually handle covers from what someone previously stated, I hope they make another damier colour for girls, but I guess we already have azur?!

To be honest, i'm very disappointed with the FW08/09 men's collection. The bags are just remade from the same style with a slight change of colors.... Also, the colors are only black and grey... it's not as colorful and as sharp as the previous year... just too bad.

Grey Matter

Louis Vuitton introduces new Damier Graphite print
Friday, January 18, 2008
(PARIS) Almost as impressive as the grand piano covered in Louis Vuitton's new Damier Graphite print--handcrafted in the company's Asnières-sur-Seine workshop--was the introduction of the all-new product category itself, which front-row guests Pharrell Williams and Joshua Jackson first gained privy to at the brand's "Basement Melodies"-themed men's show Wednesday, held at the Faculté de Médecine (invitations came in the form of imitation old bank notes with the LV logo as the currency).

Scheduled to debut in August, the latest reinterpretation of the signature checkerboard motif, designed by Georges Vuitton 120 years ago, features a shift to shades of black and grey, accented with palladium hardware, thus injecting an unequivocally urban distinction to an already masculine product. In addition to a collection of small leather goods, pieces in the Damier Graphite collection are travel-centered and include the company's iconic Keepall, Grimaud, Reporter, and Pégase offerings, as well as the new Roadster day bag and a soft briefcase with a dedicated laptop compartment. For the fashion-forward businessman, Vuitton has realized a motorcycle helmet utilizing the print as well.

Grey Matter

Louis Vuitton introduces new Damier Graphite print
Friday, January 18, 2008
(PARIS) Almost as impressive as the grand piano covered in Louis Vuitton's new Damier Graphite print--handcrafted in the company's Asnières-sur-Seine workshop--was the introduction of the all-new product category itself, which front-row guests Pharrell Williams and Joshua Jackson first gained privy to at the brand's "Basement Melodies"-themed men's show Wednesday, held at the Faculté de Médecine (invitations came in the form of imitation old bank notes with the LV logo as the currency).

Scheduled to debut in August, the latest reinterpretation of the signature checkerboard motif, designed by Georges Vuitton 120 years ago, features a shift to shades of black and grey, accented with palladium hardware, thus injecting an unequivocally urban distinction to an already masculine product. In addition to a collection of small leather goods, pieces in the Damier Graphite collection are travel-centered and include the company's iconic Keepall, Grimaud, Reporter, and Pégase offerings, as well as the new Roadster day bag and a soft briefcase with a dedicated laptop compartment. For the fashion-forward businessman, Vuitton has realized a motorcycle helmet utilizing the print as well.

OMG.:sweatdrop:.i got sell soem of my old stuff :P

I absolutely love this!!! Ive been hesitating with the damier because I hate navy, and Ive never been of fan of the normal brown (I prefer the mono) this grey and black would be PERFECT for me... I hope they come out with some womens accessories... please please please Marc Jacobs, do this, for me!!!

I got a question.....if this line is going to be permanent, then what is the exclusivity of this runway line? The only diff I see is the bag designs (reporter, portfolio document which is traditionally on mono canvas) and the changeable handles. Generally runway pieces are sold at a premium. Pieces like the Keepall I think will be permanent so why pay more for this particular runway piece?..for the handle?