New Barenia questions

jedimaster

O.G.
Dec 21, 2006
Can anyone comment on the differences if any between the more recently produced barenia, to the extent you have seen it, as compared with the formerly produced barenia, eg, barenia of five years ago. I know its hard to know because new barenia is relatively scarce, but has anyone seen, say a new barenia-toile bag, and can you comment on how the color, weight, texture, compares to older barenia.

I thought there was a thread on this a while back but I cant find.

there was one but i don't remember much about it except that the new barenia was kind of thinner perhaps. sort of like new box and old box. why? are you contemplating a new barenia order?? spill please!!!!

My Barenia Birkin is from 2001; I held a Barenia Picotin recently, at the store, and I couldn't really see a difference, besides the colour of course, mine being very patinated......I remember also a thread about this, someone said it was substantially different, older Barenia being better; I really wouldn't know.....:shrugs:

I have a 40 barenia birkin and the new Silky City messenger, which has a barenia strap and corners. To me, the older barenia (my bag is 10 years old) feels thicker and richer/softer to the touch but it's probably not fair to compare since the styles and use of leather (and age/patination) is so different.

I examined a new Barenia bag yesterday but did not have another on hand for comparison. My best guess would have been that the new Barenia is thinner than old; it also seemed lighter in color but I could just be confused by the lack of patina.