New Balenciaga Bag - Le Cagole

they say, all new is well forgotten old.
is this a new trend? take a good old Pompon, bump off the dust, label it as 'new' Cagole Bucket and stick a double price tag :facepalm:
Exactly my thoughts, too. I'd take the mini Pom (more like 5 or 6...) over the "new" bucket thingy any day. No HW issues with the oldies, either :giggle:
Sorry, but Demna is just trying too hard. Way too trendy and probably forgotten two years down the road. I don't feel the "heritage vibe" at all. Twenty years from now, nobody will hunt down these bags.
I tried the medium Cagole when it was released, but ended up returning the bag. It was all too much.

I respectfully disagree. If they are so similar, how can they be forgotten about? They classics are still going strong, and these slight iterations are just a fresher take. I agree the buckets look almost the same. But different shades and not everyone likes vintage, and can actually afford to pay retail. There is obviously a market for them. And yes , they are wayyyyyy more expensive. But everything is!

I respectfully disagree. If they are so similar, how can they be forgotten about? They classics are still going strong, and these slight iterations are just a fresher take. I agree the buckets look almost the same. But different shades and not everyone likes vintage, and can actually afford to pay retail. There is obviously a market for them. And yes , they are wayyyyyy more expensive. But everything is!
I both agree and disagree with the first point; I think the main issue people have with the new designs is that they could be called "lazy". We want to see something new and different and exciting, not something that is 90%+ similar to archive designs with updated hardware/addons etc. However, a classic silhouette is a classic, and that's what a bucket bag is, so I def think both reactions are valid here. That being said, we are definitely getting some new styles (like the flap cagole) along with reboots like the pompon-esque bucket bag, so I'm content.

Fully agree with your point about everything being more expensive. That's definitely true, it's unavoidable. If they were to reissue the original style with no alterations, you can guarantee it would be more expensive than its debut price. This is a revisited style, so it's going to be even more expensive than that. And if you're looking for value in general, let's be real, designer fashion is not the place to find it.

Can i ask how the closure is? Does it close securely or lose like items may fall out? Torn between bucket and the regular le cagole.
It's not the most secure closure, but as long as you don't overstuff it, your things should stay mostly in tact while you're wearing it. A different story if it's sitting on your car seat and it tips over! If you're someone who prefers a zipper, I'd go with the standard version.

Reactions: VodooDoll