new bags- what's your ritual?

It depends on the bag. If it's new and a light color, but not dry, then I just Apple Guard it with 2-3 coats. If it's new and dry, then I use the Apple moistuizer, buff it off good, let it dry overnight, then the next day take it outside(funes are toxic) and then Apple Guard it.
If it's used, same thing except I wipe it down with Oily of Olay wipes to remove surface dirt. If it has dirty corners, handle laces, etc. I clean it with Apple Cleaner, baby wipes with Aloe or Oil of Olay wipes. If that doesn't work on the laces, sometimes I take a baby toothbrush, very soft with a couple of drops of Dawn in a cup or so of warm water and brush and blot.
Then I moisturize and Apple Guard.
Dark bags I don't do anything unless they need moisturized. I don't Apple Guard any bag that is Sandstone or darker. I don't think Sandstone is light enough for Guard except on the handles and corners.

So, powder all you use to keep your handles from darkening is the Apply Guard repellant? I just was wondering because I just used For Handles Only but was thinking about doing that as well since your handles stay SO good.

I didn't treat my Rouille when I got her and her handles are slightly warmed. I wish I had treated her. I learned a lesson with that.

If the bag is used and older leather, I usually clean it, moisturise it, then use the Apple Garde. If a bag is brand new, I just spray with Apple Garde. Usually twice on the bag and an extra 2 coats on the handles. I have Twiggy's and pretty much only carry them by the handles.

I wish you well,

Bridget

what do you guys use on slightly darkened handles?

I think i once made the mistake of moisturizing my handles (duh!) and i realized they got darker...i used coach cleaner on them...and it didn't do much... sorta made the handles uniformly darker :crybaby:

do you think i should apple guard it now to prevent more darkening, or what? i don't feel like sending the bag anywhere for treatment... if there's anyway to clean the handles at home...i'd appreciate it

**it's a red twiggy, and it's not super dark, but like 2-3 shader darker than rest of bag..

If it is a dark colored bag, I just put LMB's for handles only. But if it is light colored, I treat it with applegarde and the handles with LMB's for handles only. Oh my, I am a slave of my bags!

I immediately massage in a nice amount of Apple Conditioner and let it sit for 24 hrs. Then I spray a light coat of Apple Rain and Stain protector on it, and let it dry for 24 more hours. Only then will I use it.

"warmed"...I just love that euphemism for darkened handles. Who came up with that? ;)

i was wondering the same thing too. :yes: i first saw this term on ebay.

and to answer the thread's question, i like my bbags naked. i don't treat them w/ any leather products, especially if they're brand new. i love to see my bbags break in naturally.

btw, does spraying ag regularly on the handles prevent darkened handles?

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who waits a while to debut a bag. It seems kind of silly to spend all that money, then the anticipation waiting for it to arrive and then wait to take it out. But I haven't gotten one yet that I immediately used. There always seems to be "just the right time."
And I don't treat my bags with anything.

Hi everyone.
I just got a very nice Rose City on Ebay and I used LMB's Balenciaga Cleaner and Moisturizer on it. It really freshened it up. But what must have products do you have to care for your B-Bags? The handles aren't terribly darkened. I wonder about all the other products I've heard of. Anything to use to preserve the color?
TIA...and Oh, BTW, is there still a possiblility to obtain tassles for an 04 bag?

I've read through the threads on moisturizing, protecting and repairing BBags but I'm confused about the order in which to proceed. I got my first BBag a couple weeks ago and I'm reluctant to take it outside without having protected it.

I'm asking for those of you who have used products on your bbags, what was the order you did it in. I'm interested in the whole process, from protecting to moisturizing to conditioning. I want to make sure I do them all in the right order.

Hi
I finally got my first Balenciaga in the first day of the sales yesterday. It is a first in Grenat and it is perfect. I also got the make up clutch in black.
The leather is superb but I am reluctant to take her out as I am not sure whether she needs spraying, protecting or any other tlc before venturing out. Can anyone advise please? I keep reading about Apple products but do we use them before use or once bag is dry or dirty? Thanks a lot....