New bags, old bags

uafly1

Nov 30, 2005
I can't stop myself from buying new bags, but what to do with the old bags? I can't bring myself to part with them but I now have more than I know what to do with. Everytime I break up with a boyfriend, I reward myself with new bag. I am currently eyeing the new LV Batignolles, but I feel as though I should responsible and say NO!

Since you are in Chicago, you should be able to find a high end resale shop. You can always do eBay. Used bags in great condition do really well, especially LV. Let us know what you decide.

I know what you mean by saying that it is hard for you to give up your old bags. My personal rule of thumb is this - if I haven't used the bag in a really long time (over year), and its not something that I think I will use again, I usually get rid of it. I swap with friends or sell on eBay. If it's something really old, I tend to just donate it. I have a lot of bags that I haven't used in a long time, but keep them either for sentimental value or because they are "classics"....so, I definitely appreciate your struggle.

I have never sold any of my bags, but am thinking about it. I havent used a LOT, so I may be offloading a few soon. I love most of my bags, but theres some of them that I just wonder...wtf did I buy it! :lol:

My bags become family members and I too find it hard to part with them. I did sell a LV on Ebay for more than I paid I have a hard time parting with reciepts and tags too I think that helped. Even though I don't use mine for a year I keep most of them and find I do take them out again. Lately my co-workers bug me until I sell to them they are crazy for bags but hate to shop, go figure. I can relate to your struggle.:love:

i keep the ones that i love and couldn't imagine parting with (mostly classics), but the others i consign or sell to friends (seems like there's always someone who loved the bag i want to part with willing to buy it)