New bags? Green suede with Marble green studs?

zestypasta

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
I saw a city today with malachite green studs! Looked just like the marbled stone, at Barneys Los Angeles, and one with ivory stone studs. Is this new or am I just unfamiliar?

Didn't love it at all.

Called back, the SA said it was new and they only had one. It was green suede baby diam city marbled

ETA : I searched and see these are marble studs. Too bad they aren't real stone at these prices. Hope this wasn't old news...if so my apologies.

Last edited:
It does look...strange. And out of balance somehow. The ivory looked odd too. I know it must be challenging to come up with new variations twice a year, and there are only so many colors possible, so I hate to be difficult, but this just isn't my taste.

The good news it it does look better in person. The studs look plastic on this pic, but I did think they were stone at first...I think the black and marble looked better, but I'm sure many will like this.

They may have to do bi color bags soon like Hermes to keep it fresh...how's that for a scary thought? shudder!

I saw the white and grey marble on a suede bag a month ago in HR - Vancouver. It didn't do it for me at all. It made the bag look quite cheap in my opinion.
Somehow it looks better in pictures than IRL.
The green is weird too...
I like that they are trying new things, but this just isn't working for me :smile:

^^ no .. it's not just for the Suede bags, there are also some Agneau bags that have the "marbled" studs. I'm NOT A FAN!

Knew I recognized that picture of Barneys BH (Beverly Hills) store!

Balenciaga! Instead of coming up with bizarro-world colors and combos, re-release beloved classics like '05 Turquoise!!

I get wanting to do something new and original, but, they could would have a windfall of interest and purchases (myself included,) with releasing old popular shades. An entire collection based on vintage shades.

Harrods also has these new style bags in I was not over impressed with them either to be honest, they are a seasonal cannot really see them taking off but then again covered hardware didn't ring my bell either.