New Bags don't Match Dress :(

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Dh and I are going away for a night this weekend while my mom stays with the kids. I've recently lost about 20 lb (still have about 20 to go), so I bought a new dress to show off my smaller size. It has a red, black and white pattern.

THEN dh brought me the Berry Carly... and I remembered that I have the Vintage Violet Clutch in magenta. So I bought a dress that won't go with the bags I want to carry! :sad:

Obviously, I will have to find a new dress... And only on tPF will no one find that odd! :roflmfao: Maybe I'll have to go with a basic LBD.

2. Honestly, I don't think it's a big deal. I never match clothes with my purses. As long as you love both, your clothes and your purse, it should be fine in my opinion. The carly in plum is gorgeous! I think she's a great get-a-way bag. Black and white usually go with plum, the red maybe not as much, but i wouldn't worry too much about it.

3. lol, its funny that you say that... because when I read the title, I thought "well, she needs a new dress... "

ha ha!

Maybe you can take the dress back.. or.. you may have a reason to get a new bag.. :P

4. First off, congrats on the weight loss!! I know the feeling, its a great acheivement!! Secondly, yeah....just get a new dress! lol :tup:

5. Fortunately, the bag was more expensive than the dress, so I will just save the dress for another occasion. A person cannot go wrong with a LBD, right? Besides, attempting to match anything to purple is just impossible! I just knew no one except tPF members would "get it". Everyone else would say I have a million other bags, so I should just choose a black one instead! But I have TWO purple/purple-ish bags I need to use, and the bags come FIRST!

6. I'm right there with you!! Purse first, then worry about the outfit!
    Congrats on your weight loss THAT'S AWESOME!!!!!:party:

7. Actually, I love black and purple -- my purple Bridgit is my dressy bag for a host of LBDs.

8. I found a really great black and purple dress on clearance at banana republic, I'm working on getting a purse to match it! I'm sure you can find something with purple if you really want it, but lbd's will match any purse you ever buy!

9. :nuts: I feel the same way, HauteMama. I bought this nice black/red coat this year and I can't wear it because it clashes with my Magenta Julianne. I GOTTA wear the bag! :biggrin:

10. loupole: I agree! That's why I have to leave the dress with the red in it out of the equation, go with a LBD and carry my purple bags!

11. I agree - wear one of the bags and switch the dress! My husband recently told me he has a high school reunion coming up in April, and my first thoought was "Yay, I'll wear my Bridgit...oh, and a little black dress, too!"

12. It definitely can't hurt to have a LBD to wear and I think purple would go great against the black. Definitely go for a second dress!

13. Bag clash is always a good reason to go shopping for more clothes. Congratulations on the weight loss. Do you get another new bag when you meet your goal? :graucho:

14. Oh, yeah, just buy another dress!

15. ABSOLUTELY! That's what keeps me motivated! :yahoo: