New Bag

Luvtoteach

Feb 26, 2013
Hello all!
I need a new handbag. What are your opinions on Edie? What do you like and dislike about it? Is there another bag you really like? Thanks

CoachCruiser

Jun 9, 2011
MA
Honestly, I'm not crazy about the Edie. It's supposed to take the place of the Phoebe, which had a soft, beautiful drape and feel, came in tons of gorgeous colors, and felt so comfortable on the shoulder...but I do know from SAs that the Edie is selling very well. The Edie has a stiffer leather and a plaque on the front that many dislike. I will say, though, that the burgundy haircalf Edie and the black and brick studded Edies are, albeit expensive, extremely pretty looking.

Sep 13, 2009
Northwest PA
I was just comparing the Phoebe and Edie the other day in my boutique....the middle pocket (the zippered one) is much deeper on the Edie which is a great boon for storing your wallet if it is a larger size....I always found myself trying to squeeze my wallet into the zippered compartment of the Phoebe...and some of the colors are amazing....but I did find the leather much more stiff (if you like that- it is a plus; however, I prefer the more squishy leather of the Phoebe)...and the Edie is a bit wider in size. I think it will come down to personal preference.

abwd

Jul 25, 2008
Baltimore
I like both the Phoebe and the Edie and although similar in style, I think they are very different to compare.

I have the Haircalf Edie and this is a BIG girl!! That being said, after really using her with all of my stuff, the Edie softens up and gets slouchier.

She is wider at the bottom, but the straps are nice and wide and make this bag vet comfortable to carry.

I actually like the wider bottom. And this bag can carry an insane amount of stuff without looking stuffed. I am thinking of getting a black one just for travel. PERFECT if you are flying and need to fit her under a seat and more comfortable than a tote in some regards.

zaara10

Dec 7, 2011
tpf
For me, the big oval coach plaque on the front is a big turnoff. And it's not as smushy & slouchy as the phoebe.

pebblelina

Nov 1, 2010
I have the black Embossed Large Edie an I totally love this bag. I'm kinda a minimalist an only have one bag at a time. I sold my Lv an all the accessories because I fell in love with this bag. I am soo happy with my choice, I also got the red little lock key fob an the turn lock large black wallet. They all look fabulous with this bag LOVE LOVE LOVE :smile: Oooo almost forgot, there's a tassel key fob in black by See by Chloe, an I added that to hang next to the Coach hangtag, GORGEOUS :smile:

Jaidybug

Mar 11, 2013
Calgary,Canada
Phoebe is my favorite bag to carry, the straps stay put on my shoulder which I love but they do dig in a tiny bit. I keep looking at Edie, and wonder if the wider strap may be more comfortable on my shoulder, the leather seems more stiff but still seems very nice. The only thing I don't like about Edie is the round plaque on the front, but I'm considering the Gunmetal one which the plaque isn't as obvious to me on that one. I also love the embossed horse and carriage ones too😊.