New bag spotted - Op Art Embossed Patent tote

ozmodiar

O.G.
Feb 28, 2008
I went to Macy's to check out the Graphic Op Art Amanda satchel (adorable, but tiny!) and saw some new patent bags that were just being put out on the floor. They had the op art C pattern embossed in the patent, which came in pink and putty. There is a long shoulder strap attached to the sides like on the Julianne. The strap and handles were in a contrasting camel colored leather.

I also saw in a box behind the counter what looked like some new canvas or coated canvas bags that were maybe the same style of tote. It was hard to tell when they were all smushed together. They were white with a small sized op art signature pattern printed all over that came in black, green, or I think orange. There were some accessories in this pattern, too.

It wasn't a Julianne, but the style was somewhat similar in that it had tote handles and then the long shoulder strap. The proportions were a little different though.

Honestly, I like the Julianne a lot better. The new bags were more casual looking.

Thanks; it sounds very interesting. I can't wait to see it. I wonder if the patent is like the embossed patent on the Japanese site for the Madeline. I think that looks very pretty.

were the patent colours light beige, gray and pink? with vachetta straps and a turn lock pocket in front and a snaphead pocket in back?

they should be released around December, January latest

298 for the pvc 398 for the patent

definitely cute but more summery style

This line is sooo cute. I saw it at the Seattle (Pacific Place) boutique today. I like the coated canvas bag best -- it comes in four Op Art C colors on an off-white background: hot pink, sage green, brown and black. It also comes in embossed patent in pink, tan and gray. All have the "naked" leather handles and detachable shoulder strap. A pleated snap pocket on the front and snap flat pocket on the back (all shiny nickel hardware). Contrast satiny linings are gorgeous, too.

So far the only accessory is a pleated wristlet -- also darling! Destined to be a new favorite, I'm sure.

I was told it was being tested at 10 stores nationwide. Watch for it sometime after Dec '08!

This line is sooo cute. I saw it at the Seattle (Pacific Place) boutique today. I like the coated canvas bag best -- it comes in four Op Art C colors on an off-white background: hot pink, sage green, brown and black. It also comes in embossed patent in pink, tan and gray. All have the "naked" leather handles and detachable shoulder strap. A pleated snap pocket on the front and snap flat pocket on the back (all shiny nickel hardware). Contrast satiny linings are gorgeous, too.

So far the only accessory is a pleated wristlet -- also darling! Destined to be a new favorite, I'm sure.

I was told it was being tested at 10 stores nationwide. Watch for it sometime after Dec '08!

Thanks so much for all of this great information. Do you know if the embossed patent has a zip top (full or partial) or is an open top? TIA!

All bags have a full zip, so the bag is secure when closed. It's really a perfect all-weather bag (if you're ok with the naked leather getting water spots -- they disappear when dry).

I'm deliberating over the coated canvas this weekend but if I decide to buy one, I'll share photos next week for sure ;)