New bag, new BE logo

Tote Girl

O.G.
Nov 25, 2008
Hi Ladies
My Pewter Hold Me from the January sale finally arrived. Loving it. :yahoo:

I knew that a new logo was going to be stamped on the bag but didn't really know much else about it though it was described as a discreet punched out design. When I first saw it my immediate reaction was not favourable at all but after taking some pics and looking at the bag I've actually changed my mind and like it. I think it's complements the metallic leather on this style of bag. It's around 4 in wide and 2 1/2 in height.
I don't know whether this stamped logo is going to be on just Hold Me or other styles as well. I'm sure BE will be able to confirm. I personally wouldn't want it on one of my TMEs so I wont be offended at all if this logo is not your cup of tea!

The deep purple lining is sensational with the pewter IMO!

A selection of pics taken both indoors and out

PICT0073.JPG

PICT0075.JPG

PICT0084.JPG

PICT0085.JPG

PICT0095_edited.JPG

Very Hermes. Since one of the reasons I like BE is the lack of logos, I'm not wild about it right now, but it's very tastefully done.

Yikes...I am not liking it at all...one of the things I love about BE is the LACK of a logo...and I can detach the tags if I want (although I tend to leave them on as I like them)...

Maybe it will grow on me...but hopefully this is an option we can "opt" out of!

Very Hermes. Since one of the reasons I like BE is the lack of logos, I'm not wild about it right now, but it's very tastefully done.

That's what I thought! It reminds me of the Hermes Evelyn with the stamped out logo (not the style).

I actually kinda like it though ... atleast on this style.

The bag is lovely but I'm not liking the logo at first glance. Is it stamped or punched out?

It is punched out, there are little holes in the leather.

I thought it would get a mixed reaction! Thank you all for being honest, none of you have said anything that I hadn't thought myself!

The logo has grown on me, I think my joy at the other parts of the bag such as they pewter leather and purple lining has softened my outlook.

I'm glad you are happy with it Tote girl and when all is said and done that's all that matters! I would like clarification as to whether or not this will be done on other bags.

I hope they don't introduce the stamped logo on all their stock bags. I don't like it and I don't want to have to go the BEC route to get a plain bag. I'll watch this with interest. I hate bags with logos so will be really disappointed if they go this route.

Aesthetically I don't mind it really, it is interesting with the Pewter Crash. My only concern is structure, Tote Girl, do you believe the stamped holes could catch on anything? It would kill me if it caught on something and tore. Ugh, I just got a pain in my stomach thinking about that.:sad:

I don't think there is a liklihood of anything catching lovehandbags, it's very smooth.

I was asked beforehand if I wanted the logo on the bag, as I'm pretty easy going about these things I said yes so perhaps it's just something they are trying out. Like I said I think it would be a mistake to put it on bags as a matter on course, but for a few styles and types of leather perhaps.

What I would say regarding logos is that generally I'm not a fan of them either but if you are minded to be walking around carrying pewter crash people will be staring at that not the logo, there is little discreet and underplayed about that type of leather IMO :smile:

Last edited: