New Bag Ideas Needed

Hi all, I'm somewhat new to this forum (been lurking for a while)

My mom is taking me to the Americana Manhasset tomorrow afternoon (Saturday). This place has Fendi, Louis Vuitton, Coach, Dior, Hermes, Gucci, Kate Spade, Burberry, Chanel, Prada, and a bunch of other places (basically, it's a little piece of handbag heaven). I'll have $700-$800ish (maybe a little more) to spend there. I know I want to get at least one bag out of this trip (and/or some small items). What bags would you guys recommend that are in my price range? And plase post pictures or links where I can see pictures if you can. :smile:

Thanks!

~Tracey

I just got a catalogue on the Americana Manhasset. All the big designers are there -- Barney's NY, Bottega Veneta, Burberry, Cartier, Chanel, Carolina Herrera, Coach, Cole Haan, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Donna Karan New York, Escada, Fendi, Giorgio Armani, GUcci, Hermes, Hirshleifer's, Jimmy Choo, Kate Spade, Louis Vuitton, Michael Kors, Prada, Salvatore Ferragamo, Valentino, and more!!! You'll have to give us an idea of your style like SwankyMamaof3 said. There is soooooo much to choose from! Let us know what you like.

So many stores, I don't know how I would choose. I would recommend going to LV or Gucci. They have pretty good selections for your price range. Try to go to each and every store and check out what they have. Each store might have something you like. It depends on what you're looking for.

My style? Hmmm.....I guess I'm into things that are pretty and youthful looking. I'm not into old-lady bags (I'll only be 18 in March, so an old-lady bag wouldn't really suit me). I like classic stuff and I like fun stuff, but I'm not into anything that's too trendy (because it might look too dated). I don't really need any more spring/summer bags, but that's what's out right now and I do love springtime colors...I was planning on getting the LV framboise Reade PM, but I'm afraid that would be a little frivolous, since I don't really need another pink bag and Vernis pieces are known to be delicate, so I might be afraid to use it.
I usually wear small or medium sized bags, but I'd like to have something in the medium-to-large-ish range (but not TOO big). I also really like handbags, but I kind of need a shoulder bag (I have a medical condition which causes my limbs to swell, and my fingers often end up stiff and swollen from carrying a handbag. This condition also makes it tough to find a good shoulder bag, since it makes my shoulder/upper arm wide, and I can't carry anything too heavy on my shoulder, otherwise it'll make my arm swell a bit and become stiff). I still buy bags that aren't "good for me" though.

Basically, I'm complicated, but don't let that stop you from suggesting things! I'll be happy to end up with a bag I might never have thought I would like.

~Tracey

Oh, and I suppose I'm looking for a casual bag. I don't really go to that many formal events (for me, a formal event is a family wedding or something). I need a formal bag, but I'm not going to use this money on one.

Check out the Gucci signature fabric totes -- they can be worn on the shoulder and are not too trendy, nor too "old."

This one is $800

139552_F40IG_5774

You can also get it in khaki or black, probably.

Is Prada there? I tried on a little Prada number this week @ Neimans and I HONEST to GOD COULD NOT feel it on my shoulder! It was a little leather hobo and it was adorable!!!

How about the batignolles horizontal or vertical or the looping from LV?
Good shoulder bags, I think.

Attachments

• verticalbatignolles.jpg
    verticalbatignolles.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 32
  • looping.jpg
    looping.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 43
Swanky-Yes, there is a Prada there. I might check it out, but I'm not really sure if I'm a Prada person or not. Sometimes I feel like Prada might be too mature-looking for me...I dunno

minicoop-Yeah, I was looking at the various versions of the Batignolles on eluxury. I like them a lot, but again, I'm afraid it will look too mature for me.

*sigh* I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out what I want. I still love the framboise pieces, but I really think thay'd be impractical. If anything ever happened to it, it would bug me forever (heck, it bugs me that there are a couple of teeny barely noticable waterspots on a couple of my Coach bags, and they aren't even expensive).

Any opinions on the LV Papillon 30? I seems more youthful, and I love the name (because it means "butterfly", and I have raised butterflies from eggs and/or caterpillars I find every summer since I was 10), but my mom thinks it's a lot to spend on one item (even though it's within the designated price range).

~Tracey