New bag guilt

Cochrynn

O.G.
Aug 19, 2006
Hi all, I haven't posted in forever because I have been trying to resist LV temptation, but of course I could not resist forever! I am a college senior graduating in one semester and I have been lusting over a Damier Speedy 30 all summer. I already have a Mono Speedy 25 (which I plan to sell if I get a new bag) and a Damier pochette, but I love the Damier speedy and I think a slightly bigger bag would be great for toting my stuff to work once I get a job- my Mono speedy is great but I want a bag I can put high heels into and carry in the rain.

Anyways, my problem is that I feel really guilty over this purchase. Although I have managed to save enough money to buy a used Damier Speedy, I am very afraid that I will not find a job after graduation and will need the money then. I know I could sell the new speedy if that happened but for some reason I just feel like I'm doing something wrong. Any advice?

oh, sweetie! dont you torture yourself over guilt.:kiss::winkiss::flowers:go get what your heart is longing for. you can always sell them when money becomes tight, and LV bags usually have great re-sale. and pls dont sell your mono 25, it will always be the classic LV bag that every girl should have.

In your situation, I would wait. I am a person who is very careful with money (I'm a CPA... so it must be in my nature.) But if it's not something you can afford comfortably, I'd say wait. Wait until you have a job and feel comfortable about it.

yep i used to feel the same, just graduated last year,, didnt have enough money for all the big things i wanted,, fortunately i found a FullTime job right after i graduated,then 6 months later i bough my first LV mono speedy 25.

so maybe if u feel kind of unsure about wheter u will get a job right away or not after school, u should wait until u get it, that way it will be more satisfactory for you coz u will buy the bag with your firsts pay checks!! let us know what u decided..

In your situation I would definitely wait until you graduate and get a job. In this economy there is no guarantee you will quickly find a job and if that happens you will really feel guilty for buying a $700 handbag. Reward yourself with the speedy when you get a job.

I also think waiting would be a good idea. The Damier speedy isn't a limited piece, and you may need the money just in case. Once you get that job, buy the bag.

In your situation, I would wait. I am a person who is very careful with money (I'm a CPA... so it must be in my nature.) But if it's not something you can afford comfortably, I'd say wait. Wait until you have a job and feel comfortable about it.
That's what I would do - just so you really feel right about the purchase, you know? The job is the most important thing right now, focus on that and then give yourself your treat ;)

i would wait after graduation in your situation and after you find a job. then you can reward yourself with the speedy for finding the job! if you really want one now, you can always buy a pre-loved one and sell it later if you're tight on money. imo you may loose around 100-200 if you resell a new speedy, but if you resell a used one in good condition, you probably won't loose much at all. the great thing about damier speedys is that used ones are usually in excellent condition and you can hardly tell from the outside that they're not new.