New bag from LV store...fake???

SSmom02

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Guys!
I just purchased this bag a week ago from my local LV. Its the neverfull mm in damier ebene with rose ballerine interior. I have since gotten pretty obsessed with the brand and have been doing a lot of research on how to spot fakes and have been using my bag as a comparison. Everything was normal until I started reading about the heat stamp or embossing of the brand and its location it was made. Mine does not look like any of the others and is actually starting to scratch off after only one week. I have included pics. Has anyone else had this issue??? Should I be worried???

Attachments

• IMG_2891.JPG
    IMG_2891.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 2,300
  • IMG_2892.JPG
    IMG_2892.JPG
    168 KB · Views: 2,374
I don't think it should scratch off after a week. I would ask the store to replace it. I've purchased LV's at the store with part of the stamp scratched off before so it can happen but it shouldn't be presented to you like that.

Reactions: Kylie M
I don't have a neverfull, i have a speedy and my stamping is embossed into the leather. But if your questioning it, I would say return it before the 14 day return policy runs out, in case they don't have another neverfull with the same options you have in the store to change it out for. And I would do a full inspection of the new item and make sure your 100% satisfied with the new item.

I just posted a pic of the date code above if that helps. I spoke with someone else who bought theirs directly from the LV store in February and hers is the same way just is not rubbing off.

I would go to LV and say this to them!! But a friend of mine also has a NF, and the straps are looking just after a year so bad! The only think lv said it is normal :sad:

Yes I have carried it a few times in the week I have had it. Maybe like 3 times for about an hour. Plus I have seriously babied this thing since they day I got it. I wont let anything touch the inside that is not inside a clear travel pouch other than the pouch it comes with. Im afraid they will say its normal wear and tear too. After one week Of minimal use I think its excessive. I will definitely update you all with what they say.

Reactions: Born4thjuly
I don't blame you for not being happy with that. My most recent NF, despite being mono, had the stamping actually embossed into the leather and a Delightful in DE from 2015 is also the same - embossed. Just go into the store and request an exchange explaining that you're concerned about the overall quality of the bag and how the already-fading stamp will hurt your chances of selling in the future should you choose to do so.

Reactions: Born4thjuly