New bag for my daughter, and a quick brag!

aww her friend coach! Congrats to her... and to u for doing a good job with your daughter! Just thinking about having to take the SAT's again makes my brain go into overload and Im a senior in college. Go her!

I know this topic comes up often about kids and Coach, and how some people view young girls with Coach bags as spoiled, etc, and I always get annoyed because I know my daughter has nice things, and I also know that she more than deserves them. A prime example and my brag - my daughter is 12 (13 on St. Patricks Day). Yesterday she took the SATS. Yes, the regular SAT test. She was one of a handful of students chosen by Johns Hopkins University in a scholastic talent search to be allowed to take the same SATs that the college-bound students take, just as an introduction to the test, to get an idea of what its all about, etc. We told her she didnt have to if she didnt want to, no pressure, just if she wanted to challenge herself then we supported her. So she spent 5 hours yesterday morning taking the SATs! She said the language section was okay, but the math was hard! I'm sure! So today when I went to the store to look for my purse (another post!), I took her with me to pick something out for her efforts. I dont care if she scores a zero on the test, the fact that she put forth the effort makes me very proud of her. She picked up the heritage stripe wristlet in green (which is really tiny!) - it was a tight fit for her phone, ipod and camera, so I suggested this instead. They had to order the color, but she'll be getting it this week and wearing it proudly. And I couldnt be more proud of her. She had midterms on Friday, SAT Saturday, and more midterms tomorrow - quite a workload for 12.
That's awesome! Congrats to your daughter!!!!! That's an amazing accomplishment! And that's so sweet of you to reward her with a GORGEOUS Coach bag!! Love it! And she will too!

Rewarding your child after hard efforts is AWESOME!!

I would totally do the same thing if I was in your shoes!

Sometimes.. it's just nice to spoil your children when they do hardwork and put tons of effort into it!

She has an awesome new purse now!! :biggrin:

You're such a great mom!

I took the SATs when I was in 7th grade as part of the Johns Hopkins University program too! It was torturous to take a five hour exam not knowing the answers to more than half the questions! And my mom didn't even reward me! lol

btw, I'm a college senior now and the new SATs that she took are probably a lot harder!

Her new bag is too cute and she totally deserves it. My daughter who is a senior took the SATs last fall and it is a very draining test. Good for her for helping out all the future test takers.

That is so cute and will be an easy bag for her to take care of. Sounds like she deserves it ! I think it is nice to see parents rewarding their kids when they do great things instead of only implementing punishments. Some people don't realize that it is a 2 way street and the system doesn't work unless you provide at least some verbal praise for accomplishments and gifts where it is well deserved !

Your daughter TOTALLY deserves that purse...and I LOVE that it is GREEN for St Patrick's day!!!!! My daughter is a St Patrick's day baby as well, but her favorite color is purple, so when I found out there were baby khaki/berry Carly's available, I called JAX and snatched one up to give her for her bday...she is going to be 6 years old and is very careful w/ her things and loves to model my bags, in fact all the SA's in the boutique look forward to me bringing her in b/c she models the new bags for them!!! We figure this is something she can "grow older with"!!! I cant wait to see the look on her face when she opens up this little thing!!!! It is going to look SOOOOO adorable on her little shoulder when we shop together!!!!! CONRATS to your daughter on such a HUGE accomplishment!!!!!!!