New bag... damaged...

ms.dara

Oct 11, 2011
I finally picked up my take away flap but it seems damaged. It's very small, but I'm afraid the leather will peel even more. Am I just being ocd?

My SA told me to bring it in for repair, but my concern is is this even repairable? Would they replace that portion? Would they even be able to do that as this is just a seasonal bag - I guess they could have some extra glazed lamb leather in taupe lying around? I don't live too close to where I bought it from, so I'd hate to make a useless trip. I guess this is the risk of purchasing the last floor model over the phone :tdown:

It seems like California completely sold out of this bag (in the same color and size).

What do you ladies think? Any experience? Advice? :help:

1.jpg

where did u purchase?? can they locate a new one from another store across the country?? it doesnt sit well with me to have something brand new in need of repair...i dont think i would keep it...i'm very ocd...good luck!

Especially since it was a display your SA should have checked it over completely before sending it to you. sorry this happened, maybe they can locate another one for you and have it sent. It doesn't have to be from your SA's store or just Cali. I agree with joansie that I sdon't like the idea of have to have something brand new sent for repair. I'd only take the repair option IF. 1) They can't locate another one. 2) I absolutley LOVE the bag and would rather wait on the reapir than get something else.

I am inthesame boat with you OP. I just got a reissue and it was ordered by my SA from the warehouse. When i went to pick up. I noticed my chains looks faded. I got 227 aged calf ghw. The ghw looks dull. Not as yellow gold as i've seen. I know it's suppose to have that vintage feel but it just doesn't look right. It's out of stock everywhere else. So i think i will see if they can have it replated or something. Hope we get our bags fix.

annmac said:
I am inthesame boat with you OP. I just got a reissue and it was ordered by my SA from the warehouse. When i went to pick up. I noticed my chains looks faded. I got 227 aged calf ghw. The ghw looks dull. Not as yellow gold as i've seen. I know it's suppose to have that vintage feel but it just doesn't look right. It's out of stock everywhere else. So i think i will see if they can have it replated or something. Hope we get our bags fix.

Is it in black? I think I saw it available in Munich! Not sure if they can ship between countries.

Dara- I have the same bag in black in Maxi and i LOVE it!

NM at Tysons II Galleria has that bag in Jumbo. I think they have the small size, too. If you call, ask for Alyce (pronouced Alyse). You could return that one and buy it from Neimans. Act fast- they are REALLY going.

I would return and ask them to find in another store and ship from there. At these prices there is no reason you should have to send a brand new bag for repair. That is crazy to me. I sometimes think SA's get a little lazy and after they make the sale don't want to help anyone. Good Luck

Oh no! Sorry to hear about that. Since its the last peice and its pretty much sold out I would definitely see what Chanel can do to repair it.

awwww lets hope chanel can repair it for you!

Def take it in for repair and see what they say, hopefully, it will be good news.

Take it in and see what they can do for you! They are usually good with repairs (at least in my experience!) and you want something that's in the best condition!

Thank you~ I thought I might have been unreasonable, but it's good to know that others would also send it in for repair. I probably won't be able to take it in until March, but I will update everyone once I do. (I already talked to my SA and she said that would be fine.)

where did u purchase?? can they locate a new one from another store across the country?? it doesnt sit well with me to have something brand new in need of repair...i dont think i would keep it...i'm very ocd...good luck!

Especially since it was a display your SA should have checked it over completely before sending it to you. sorry this happened, maybe they can locate another one for you and have it sent. It doesn't have to be from your SA's store or just Cali. I agree with joansie that I sdon't like the idea of have to have something brand new sent for repair. I'd only take the repair option IF. 1) They can't locate another one. 2) I absolutley LOVE the bag and would rather wait on the reapir than get something else.

Dara- I have the same bag in black in Maxi and i LOVE it!

NM at Tysons II Galleria has that bag in Jumbo. I think they have the small size, too. If you call, ask for Alyce (pronouced Alyse). You could return that one and buy it from Neimans. Act fast- they are REALLY going.

I would return and ask them to find in another store and ship from there. At these prices there is no reason you should have to send a brand new bag for repair. That is crazy to me. I sometimes think SA's get a little lazy and after they make the sale don't want to help anyone. Good Luck

My SA did a store-wide search and no luck. I also called other local stores and they all said they were sold-out of my specific size and color. I think Neiman Marcus said they would be able to ship one to me from out-of-state, but I'm so afraid I'd get another damaged one.

And although I am totally OCD about my bags and other personal items, I love this bag too much to let it go. The color, weight, versatility... I love everything about it. I guess I'm just going to have to give repairing it a shot - I realized the corners are worn out too. *crossing finger*

I feel your pain~ I too hope we both get our bags fixed! Good luck and keep me updated~

Is it in black? I think I saw it available in Munich! Not sure if they can ship between countries.

It's actually the taupe (grey) one. There are actually a few blacks in stock, but I love this color soooo much~ Plus all my other bags are black, so this bag is extra special to me :biggrin:

You deserve a perfect bag. Try to see if it is available in any other location in the US. If not hopefully a repair will do the bag well.

Thanks~ Neiman Marcus said they would be able to have one shipped from out-of-state, but I'm too afraid that I might get another damaged one, or a bag in worse condition. I think I'm just going to try to see if they can repair it. *crossing fingers*

Thanks~ Neiman Marcus said they would be able to have one shipped from out-of-state, but I'm too afraid that I might get another damaged one, or a bag in worse condition. I think I'm just going to try to see if they can repair it. *crossing fingers*

Get the one from Neimans. I wouldn't trust the repair honestly. Worse comes to worse you pick the lessor of 2 evils and you return the other.