New bag cavier peeling

stayclassy18

Sep 29, 2013
Bought my first Chanel bag today. Classic flap medium cavier leather ghw. Once home, right after I took off the stickers on the turn lock, I noticed peeling on the leather. Is this worth bringing to Chanel to exchange? Or would they just laugh at me. Also is it normal for the flaps to bend like this and have so much space between the flap and the bag? E9256E51-6232-4545-B423-DEC7363821AA.jpeg135F63E3-FFCA-489B-A9F5-72FCE0CBAF29.png0B1ACBAA-2342-4E3F-895D-EB1A8E27AA29.jpeg

If it’s actual peeling then get it exchanged. If it’s glue residue (which for a $6500 bag is very unacceptable) still have it checked for your peace of mind and have them remove it.

Regarding the bend - I see what you mean but I have a feeling they will just give you their favorite response: that their bags are handmade and they can’t ever be perfect. So just a heads up.

Reactions: Stratford
The space seems like it should be okay to me?
IMO the scratch on caviar leather is not acceptable though! Did you throw the stickers away? I would just stick it back on and ask for an exchange anyway. (I would ask for an exchange even if you’ve thrown the stickers away btw.) Caviar is super hardy, it’s HARD to get this kind of a scratch! Even with years of use, this kind of damage wouldn’t happen. For the amount of money classic flaps cost these days, you definitely need a pristine one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stratford