"new" bag. broken pushlock. what to do?

spitfire

May 5, 2007
I got a Blake on Ebay, advertised as NWOT. It's clearly been carried once or twice, but it's mostly in great condition, and it's authentic and lovely. No worries there. But one of the pushlocks has a broken spring (?) so that it won't stay closed. This wasn't described at all in the auction! :crybaby:

There were lots of pictures in the auction, and all it said about the condition was that it was NEW without tags. It also said this (caps not mine):

I DO NOT GENERALLY ACCEPT RETURNS, EVERY ITEM IS ACCURATELY DESCRIBED IN FULL DETAIL, EXTENSIVELY MEASURED AND PHOTOGRAPHED, AND ALL FLAWS, IF ANY, ARE NOTED. I WANT YOU TO KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO EXPECT AND BE HAPPY WITH EVERY ITEM YOU PURCHASE OR WIN! PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO MEASUREMENTS, NOTES ON CONDITION, AND SEE THE EXTENSIVE PHOTO GALLERY BELOW. IF YOU ARE NOT SATISFIED BECAUSE THERE HAS BEEN A SIGNIFICANT ERROR IN AN ITEM'S DESCRIPTION OR YOU FEEL SOMETHING HAS BEEN GREATLY MISREPRESENTED PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR CONSIDERATION OF RETURN FOR A FULL REFUND. I DO NOT ISSUE PARTIAL REFUNDS AND I DO KEEP PHOTOS OF ANY AND ALL FLAWS ON FILE, YOU ARE GUARANTEED EVERY ITEM EXACTLY AS IT IS DESCRIBED IN EACH LISTING.

Do I have a case here? I think the seller should have said something, at least. Should I try to return it? Keep and try to somehow repair it? What should I do?

I would tell them that they didn't inform you that it was broken and see if you can get a partial refund (even though she says she doesn't do that, most people would rather have some money than no money for a broken bag), or if you want to, return it for a refund. It is SNAD if it is broken and you were not notified.

^^^ Is the bag from a collection put out in the last 18 months? - If so, you may be able to send for (free) repair.

Contact Diego from MJ to find out about repairs.

Meanwhile, (assuming repair can be made at MJ) I would get a partial refund as item is SNAD.