New backpack, which one though?

JoeDelRey

O.G.
Dec 2, 2009
Hi everyone! I'm currently looking for another backpack but I'm undecided on which one to get. I love both equally,but I can only get one. Which one should I get? The Saint Laurent City backpack or the Louis Vuitton Palm Springs MM?45451765fh_14_a_v4.jpg Screenshot_20191119-192427_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: lxrac
Hi everyone! I'm currently looking for another backpack but I'm undecided on which one to get. I love both equally,but I can only get one. Which one should I get? The Saint Laurent City backpack or the Louis Vuitton Palm Springs MM?View attachment 4595493 View attachment 4595498
St. Laurent gets my vote, I've never cared for the LV logo'd stuff. Too obvious.

Reactions: JoeDelRey and lxrac
I like both. If you aren't anti-monogram like some people are, then the monogram on the LV backpack shouldn't be an issue. I assume you have nothing against monogram print or you wouldn't like the Palm Springs backpack so much. So don't let the naysayers who don't like monogram influence you. Buy what YOU like. If I were to pick my favorite of the two just based on looks, I prefer the LV. But that is largely because I don't like carrying black bags. I don't mind the monogram and I assume that you don't either. But this is not about which bag I prefer or which bag someone else prefers. It is about what YOU prefer. Does one of the bags work better with your wardrobe? Where will you be carrying the bag? If it is to work, the YSL looks more professional but if it is going to be a casual, day-to-day bag, then either bag would do the job well.

That said, have you tried on both backpacks? What is the price of each style? I know the LV is made of canvas and leather. What is the YSL made of? Is it nylon...kind of looks like it? What are the compartments like inside? Does one have better organization? The YSL front pocket looks bigger and more accessible than the front pocket on the YSL. If the YSL is nylon, then it should be durable same as canvas from LV. Do the YSL straps have nice padding like the LV straps...that is a major plus for the LV bag...comfortable to carry because of the padding especially if it gets heavy. The LV also has padding on the upper handle which the YSL does not look like it has any padding there so it would probably be more comfortable to hold the LV by the top handle should you need to do that. The top handle on the LV also is much wider so you can easily fit your entire hand in the strap with no rubbing. Do you have a preference for gold or silver hardware? That is another huge difference between the two bags.

Reactions: JoeDelRey and lxrac
Wow thanks for the great reply, to answer your questions,I don't mind monogram at all, I think it looks great on some pieces. I'll mostly be using this for my everyday wear including work. The SL backpack has an inside pocket, I believe it's the same on the PS backpack. My wardrobe mostly consists of black/dark colored clothes. Regarding prices, the SL is $890 and the PS is $2k+. I haven't tried each of them on because I'm from El Paso, our most high end store is Michael Kors, more than likely I'll purchase it when I'm in Vegas in the coming months. Most of my jewelry is silver, but I have a few gold pieces. I like that the PS will pop against my dark wardrobe. But I also like how understated the SL backpack is.
I like both. If you aren't anti-monogram like some people are, then the monogram on the LV backpack shouldn't be an issue. I assume you have nothing against monogram print or you wouldn't like the Palm Springs backpack so much. So don't let the naysayers who don't like monogram influence you. Buy what YOU like. If I were to pick my favorite of the two just based on looks, I prefer the LV. But that is largely because I don't like carrying black bags. I don't mind the monogram and I assume that you don't either. But this is not about which bag I prefer or which bag someone else prefers. It is about what YOU prefer. Does one of the bags work better with your wardrobe? Where will you be carrying the bag? If it is to work, the YSL looks more professional but if it is going to be a casual, day-to-day bag, then either bag would do the job well.

That said, have you tried on both backpacks? What is the price of each style? I know the LV is made of canvas and leather. What is the YSL made of? Is it nylon...kind of looks like it? What are the compartments like inside? Does one have better organization? The YSL front pocket looks bigger and more accessible than the front pocket on the YSL. If the YSL is nylon, then it should be durable same as canvas from LV. Do the YSL straps have nice padding like the LV straps...that is a major plus for the LV bag...comfortable to carry because of the padding especially if it gets heavy. The LV also has padding on the upper handle which the YSL does not look like it has any padding there so it would probably be more comfortable to hold the LV by the top handle should you need to do that. The top handle on the LV also is much wider so you can easily fit your entire hand in the strap with no rubbing. Do you have a preference for gold or silver hardware? That is another huge difference between the two bags.