New Baby Boy

BPC

Blue Jean Baby Queen prettiest Bal I've ever seen
O.G.
Mar 31, 2012
This Saturday, my 1.5 year old baby bulldog , Blue is going to meet his new 1 year old bulldog brotha from anotha motha!

I'm so excited and sad. His previous skin parents gave him up to Blue's trainer over the weekend. They've had him since he was a pup and gave some lame excuse as to why they can't keep him. Poor boy, he's been with them since he was a puppy.

Our trainer said he's a sweetheart. Great with dogs, kids and has a wonderful temperament.
So instead of going to a local rescue he works with, he wanted to know if we were interested.

OH HELL YEAH!!

So here he is- we're renaming him "Wellie" (short for Duke Beefy Wellington).

Attachments

• newbullie.jpg
    newbullie.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_7713.jpg
    IMG_7713.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 245
what a cutie!!! wtf? I will never understand how people can just give a dog up they've had since he was a puppy!

there is a newfie dog in London Ont. at the humane society right now because the owners surrendered him because he got too big....seriously? it's A NEWFOUNDLAND DOG!!!

so glad you took him in, welcome to TPF Wellie!

Aww, my heart is melting. I love smooshy faces. My first dog was a bulldog named Susie. She was the most gentle creature ever--tolerated 2 little girls (me and my sister) who climbed all over her.

Bless your heart for giving this handsome dude a loving home. And a big boo to those who give up their animals so quickly.

what a cutie!!! wtf? I will never understand how people can just give a dog up they've had since he was a puppy!

there is a newfie dog in London Ont. at the humane society right now because the owners surrendered him because he got too big....seriously? it's A NEWFOUNDLAND DOG!!!

so glad you took him in, welcome to TPF Wellie!

Thank you!
I don't get it either. People can be very cruel.
Hoping the newfie finds an amazing home. The boy deserves it.

Aww, my heart is melting. I love smooshy faces. My first dog was a bulldog named Susie. She was the most gentle creature ever--tolerated 2 little girls (me and my sister) who climbed all over her.

Bless your heart for giving this handsome dude a loving home. And a big boo to those who give up their animals so quickly.

Thank you. They're an amazing breed. Like you said, very gentle and patient. Too bad they're also very stubborn..lol.

So cute! Happy to hear that you are going to give him a loving furever home :biggrin:

Thank you. Can't wait to meet him.

I've already set up an appointment with my vet for next week. I'll have his medical records and previous vets name so that'll help a lot.

Congrats! He is adorable. I can't stand people that give up their pets. Just shows that they didn't deserve to have them in the first place. I'm so glad you adopted him.

Congrats! He is adorable. I can't stand people that give up their pets. Just shows that they didn't deserve to have them in the first place. I'm so glad you adopted him.

Thank you, Cindi.
I agree- those who give up their pets, don't deserve to have them.

Oh, I've seen your posts before and noticed your signature. It's so true, and something I try to remind myself of every day. So thank you for that!

Belated congratulations, BPC. Love the new addition to your family. I, for one, never judge a person by what handbag they carry or what car they drive. My judgement is based entirely on how they treat their animals. Your new boy is fortunate to have found a home with such wonderful people. Mad props to you and yours!

:urock:

"Wellie" (short for Duke Beefy Wellington).

I'm a little late to the party, but congrats BPC :biggrin: He is just the cutest darn thing in the whole entire world and the name Wellie is just adorable. What a shame his old owners didn't want him :nogood: he seems like a lovely dog, and how could you resist that squishy face? I don't understand how people just abandon their pets. Good on you guys for taking him in, I'm sure you will give him a great home and he will have lots of fun with his new friend.

I would love to adopt a dog or a cat (or both). It probably won't be for a while as I am renting and it's very uncommon where I live for pets to be allowed, but one day I will adopt some fur child/ren of my own. For now I will just sit here and be envious of yours.

What a cutie, I love bulldogs. I never understand people who give up their animal so quickly with a lame excuse, why even get an animal if you don't want to take care of it?
I am so glad he found a loving home with you, and I love the name you gave him.