New Azur Cles-defective?

Jc.chen58

Jan 14, 2016
Hello all!

I just received a new Azur cles from the LV website, made in France. I believe that the new cles have changed shape? I don't mind it however I'm wondering about the zipper. It seems difficult to Zip close as the end of the zipper is not connected to the canvas. Hard to explain but here's a picture. Is this normal? Especially when I put keys on the chain, the weight makes it hard to easily close the cles shut without having to hold the end of the piece. Hope I'm making sense! Thanks for any insight.

Attachments

• IMG_8026.JPG
    IMG_8026.JPG
    109.1 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_8025.JPG
    IMG_8025.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 581
Hello congrats on your new cles. I too have just received a new mono cles in the more "round" shape. I also have noticed it's hard to zipper. Mine also doesn't have a made in stamp and the date code is sewn all the way into the seem. It isn't even visible using a flashlight, I tried [emoji16].

I've seen that on older model too so it's a normal variation. I personally chose another one that didn't have as big of an opening at the end but they all have one to a degree.

Mine is from the US LV site. I apologize if the question wasn't for me [emoji4]

That's ok. It was for OP. I was curious since she has a MIF. The one I received from LV online was also made in the US like yours. Except mine was very poorly made at that. Not an even shape at all and the zipper had gaps on both ends. It went back. If the OP ordered online in the US I would give it another shot. Although perhaps I should just move along as I have seen comments from others that they have passed up or returned theirs as they were not symmetrical either. I would be ok with the new shape if it was well made!

Hi! Yes it is MIF... I also noticed this on the inside and wondered if this is normal. Seems like it is not adhering properly? I don't mind the new shape and can't really tell a difference but the zipper situation makes it a little hard to get in and out of quickly, and not as smooth as all my other LV bags and SLGS....

Attachments

• IMG_8051.JPG
    IMG_8051.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_8052.JPG
    IMG_8052.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 261
Hmm. That's weird. All my LV zippers are buttery smooth. Not like them not to be smooth. Can you take a pic of the entire top of the cles while zipped closed? So you ordered this from the US online store?

Also I think the couple of ripples you see can be normal. I have seen that in other people's cles although they do not exist in mine... it could be that because of the open space at the end of the zipper..when you pull it to close it has too much give so the zipper doesn't move. Am I making sense? So then it's like you have to hold the end so that you can pull it closed. I know I am not making sense. Ugh!

Reactions: p3b
Mine are folded and sewn down. I have no problem zipping or unzipping this item; I do not have to hold the other end. I hope they continue to fold and sew the ends, it makes it much more secure and provides the right amount of tension for the zip. It seems rather backwards to me if they stop doing this.

MIF 2013.
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 3.15.44 pm.png

My zipper tape is secure all the way around and does not lift off.