New and Old Heritage Stripe

allme

Apr 13, 2008
Is the new tote the same size as the old one?:confused1: To me, it seems like the new one is taller, IDK if its because the handles are skinnier. Anybody has some modeling pics of the new one to see how it compares. Thanks!

that and the coach logo on the front of the bag. I HATE the cloth on the handles, gets very dirty easily and looks cheap. thank fully I bought mine from nordstroms and they let me return it as soon as I saw the new heritage.

I have the old Heritage Stripe and I :heart: it a lot, though unfortunately the handles do get a little dirty. I've been using baby wipes on them and that helps a lot. Gee, I bought mine at Macy's and didn't even think of returning it once the new ones came out...:Push:

Last edited:
I actually prefer the older model over the new one because the thinner leather straps would dig into my shoulders. I like the bigger cloth straps with the leather top handles. My straps haven't gotten dirty yet and I've worn it a few times already.

If the next heritage bag has thicker straps, maybe i'll consider getting another one.

Take care,

I'm sorry ladies, I have to watch what I type. I hope I did not offend when I said the heritage bags look cheap with the cloth strap. For me, since I have little ones, the cloth got dirty quick and that is why it looked cheap, to me anyways. did not mean to offend you heritage lovers.
I have my eye on the brown XL satchel, just waiting patiently for the NEXT pce to come!!

I have the XL Satchel in Geranium from the old HS line and the Medium Tote in Berry from the new HS line and I enjoy them both :yes:

I have to say that I'm yet to experience any "digging into my shoulders," and I have put tons of stuff in it and nothing :nogood:

The XL satchel is quite heavy, so it doesn't get out much... But I do love her :love:

I'm sorry ladies, I have to watch what I type. I hope I did not offend when I said the heritage bags look cheap with the cloth strap. For me, since I have little ones, the cloth got dirty quick and that is why it looked cheap, to me anyways. did not mean to offend you heritage lovers.
I have my eye on the brown XL satchel, just waiting patiently for the NEXT pce to come!!

I'm not offended at all. Everybody has their own opinion. Initially, I felt the same way but for the overall plasticky coated canvas for such a high cost and with the cloth straps to boot! Eventually, I fell totally in love with the style (it took awhile and seeing it frequently) and when the bag was on sale, I snappd it up! I like the casual look and it's great if it's a rainy day, but since I read about one TPF member discovered her new bag had mold growing at the bottom of her bag, I am more cautious about the bag getting wet. Still, it's great if I'm wearing crop pants and a straw hat.

Personally, I prefer the thicker straps because it just looks more balanced and sturdier to my eyes. The top handle is nice thick heavy Coach leather. Mine hasn't gotten dirty yet because I just carry it only to work, I rotate bags on a daily basis, and I don't have any kids or pets to worry about. Besides, I am hardly a neat person and the sturdy plasticky canvas coating is a bonus so I don't have to worry about colour transfer either.

I have the thinner leather straps on my khaki sig gallery tote and it looks good on that bag. I wouldn't have wanted another bag with the same thin straps. I'm a sucker for bigger thicker straps over the thinner ones, but I wanted something different and relented and got the gallery tote. Now I am glad I did because it's one of my favourite bags.

Take care,

I have the XL Satchel in Geranium from the old HS line and the Medium Tote in Berry from the new HS line and I enjoy them both :yes:

I have to say that I'm yet to experience any "digging into my shoulders," and I have put tons of stuff in it and nothing
:nogood:

The XL satchel is quite heavy, so it doesn't get out much... But I do love her :love:

Oooh, I guess I have soft, gooey shoulders :nuts:!

Actually, I am super sentive to weight and my gallery sometimes digs and I cannot wear the super large zoe with round braided straps. I bought a leather bag with the round braided straps once and loaded it up with my stuff when I got home and it dug into my shoulders so badly that I returned it the next day for a full refund. :tdown:

Actually, I have thin boney shoulders so I like super comfy bags and the thicker wider straps like the older heritage tote is great!

Take care,

That's funny that I've read a few posts about the thicker cloth straps getting dirty, because I've had mine since January and I use it A LOT, and mine have yet to get dirty. My only dislike about my straps is that one is constantly falling off my shoulders. Anyone else have that problem?

That's funny that I've read a few posts about the thicker cloth straps getting dirty, because I've had mine since January and I use it A LOT, and mine have yet to get dirty. My only dislike about my straps is that one is constantly falling off my shoulders. Anyone else have that problem?

I have this problem. To help it out a bit I keep the bag zipped and cross the straps on top of my shoulder. That helps a little. Also, sometimes when I wear it on my shoulder I push it all the way to the back of me.

And about the straps....it's funny so many of us wanted leather straps. Coach gives us leather and then we want thick straps. Guess we should have been more specific. Between the two I think I perfer the thicker straps (and that's the one I have).