New Amazone bag

Ms Birkin

O.G.
Jun 21, 2008
I have been offered this bag by my SA but I've no idea what it looks like, has anyone seen it or have pictures? This bag has not come into store yet so I can't see it and his description on the phone wasn't very good. TIA

I was offered one too!

When I talked further with her I realised she was talking about this one (i.e a Kelly with a canvas strap, called an Amazone/So Sport):

attachment.php

Originally I thought my SA was referring to the Kelly SO Print which was also referred to as an Amazone in the book, but it was definitely the one above:
attachment.php

In order to be sure, you should ask which one he is referring to.
HTH!:

Attachments

• Version 2 - So Sport.jpg
    Version 2 - So Sport.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 1,575
  • Version 3 - So Print.jpg
    Version 3 - So Print.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 1,282
^^ It looks in the pictures as if the strap is like the Lakis strap which is leather on one side and canvas on the other and is much shorter than the regular Kelly strap.

What I cannot tell from the pictures is if the bag itself is a regular Kelly or has different proportions. We will have to wait and see. Perhaps someone knows?

I must say that I find the Lakis strap extremely comfortable, even better than the regular wide special order canvas straps, and I have used it with my other Kellys as well. I think it is the leather side that gives it more solidity on the shoulder somehow.

I think this Kelly Amazone is s a great addition to the Kelly lineup.

Just the name I think.It's a regular kelly without the leather strap.It comes with a wide canvas/wool? strap that has two different colors strips on it .I have seen it only in gold clemence.

^^ Hi Toonie, Do you mean that the wide strap of the Amazone is not detachable? I suppose then it does not have the double Kelly rings? Did you get a chance to see the one in your store up close?

Thank you so much.

It is just a regular wide strap that too me seems like heavy wool.The kelly is the same.The strap attaches just like I think the kelly lakis strap does. I will try to take a picture of mine and post it.

Toonie, since you have a Mac, I assume you have iPhoto. Once you're in iPhoto, at the top of your screen, you'll see "File." From that menu, click "Export." You can resize from there.....just click "medium" as both your options. Then export to your desktop.

Thank you! I would of never figured this out:yahoo: Here is a fast picture of my size 40 clemence Amazone kelly with it's strap.

Attachments

• IMG_2007.jpg
    IMG_2007.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,533
Now that i'm completely bald from frustration sizing these pics,Here's a few more. The strap is one of my favorite parts it is very pretty I love it:smile:Looks much better in person than in my pictures taken in ho hum cloudy daylight.Thank you again Cavalier girl:smooch:

Attachments

• IMG_2003.jpg
    IMG_2003.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_2004.jpg
    IMG_2004.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 508
  • IMG_2005.jpg
    IMG_2005.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2006.jpg
    IMG_2006.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 479
Dear Toonie, Thank you so much for persevering, I empathize, I have trouble with re-sizing myself. Your Kelly is beautiful and the picture of the strap incredibly helpful.