New Alexandra totes?

sjh630

May 5, 2007
Does anyone know anything about the Alexandra totes that are coming out this Friday? Colors, size etc.? Does anyone know what else is coming out Friday? Thanks!

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I saw two in Macys today...all black leather and black siggy. I really liked them, not a small bag but not huge. For some reason they remind me of last years Kristin totes. I was going to try one to see how she hanged but it was too busy. I liked the triple O rings

BellestChele

Nov 24, 2009
I really liked the look of this bag but didn't like it IRL. :sad: There is a magnetic clasp in the middle of the bag and the sides are very structured. It keeps the bag from slouching like I think it should. My FP store only had the perforated leather and the scarf print in and I was disappointed with both. I'm sure that other people will like it but it's just not my thing. As if I needed another bag anyway. :P

Valkrie

O.G.
Jun 17, 2007
I saw it at Macys today in all leather black. I didn't care for it the leather was kind of stiff and it was too big for me. I wasn't thrilled with the closure being alittle snap closure either.

drspock7

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Feb 7, 2009
Maryland
I saw a grayish color at lord and Taylor. It made me do a double take. It is simple, yet chic. I really liked them

donnaoh

O.G.
Aug 25, 2010
I saw them last week...are roomy and big but not too big. I am not a fan of snap closures, which this tote has. I prefer a more secure zipper closure.

I prefer the Alex tote :love:

nyssa.

._.
Jun 18, 2010
I saw it a few days ago. It's a good size but the only closure it has is a single button; a bit disappointing because it would be too easy for someone to steal something out of. I saw it in the fabric and it's really pretty. It's just too bad about the closure.

I know the Colette is coming out soon. I saw it in white and black. It's HUGE. IMO at least, it's really a cross between the Tribeca Tote and the Julia Tote. It's larger than the Tribeca though.

sjh630

May 5, 2007
Thanks for all the replies! I did see a very pale pink at my boutique with a very unique stitching detail. I thought it was very nice!

melissatrv

O.G.
Feb 8, 2009
NC
I will add to my reply that I did not like the snap closure either. But I did like that it felt like it had a little bit of structure. I can't remember but I want to say there were side pockets?

divabeadz

Nov 1, 2006
RI'er living in Maine
I think the magnetic snap is sufficient considering this is a "tote" and tote bags generally have no closures - I know many of us use totes as purses so I understand why a zip is important to most people. This does have the middle zippered section so wallet and such can be put in there.

sjh630

May 5, 2007
The pale pink has a stitching design that is very pretty and different! I liked it!