New Alexa strap..too short!

Loveheart

O.G.
Sep 24, 2011
I was in LHR T5 hoping to buy the new slate regular Alexa... Only to find out the shoulder strap is shorter now. The SA didn't believe me but a Lexie usually sits on my hip. Now the longest length only goes on my waist when worn cross body which looks ridiculous on me. If M plans to keep this length that will sadly close me out for future alexa purchases :sad:

Hmm that's strange.

My Alexa isn't at the longest part and sits on the hip (albeit I'm only 5'1").
I don't think I would like a cross body to sit at the waist but then again maybe others do and they are adapting to suit people who have enquired about shorter straps.

I was in LHR T5 hoping to buy the new slate regular Alexa... Only to find out the shoulder strap is shorter now. The SA didn't believe me but a Lexie usually sits on my hip. Now the longest length only goes on my waist when worn cross body which looks ridiculous on me. If M plans to keep this length that will sadly close me out for future alexa purchases :sad:

Just had a look at the website and all Alexas are described as having a strap of 112-128cms (same as SBSs). That sounds a whole lot shorter.......

I also find the Alexa (and sbs ) strap far too short to wear it cross-body. If I carry it it that way I look like a fat dwarf from Tolkien! I would not have mind approx 10 cm longer strap, as it is far easier to shorten a strap than the opposite. I also want it to sit on my hip crossbody!! :biggrin:

Not a good change - it would have been better if Mulberry had left the strap just the way it was :sad:
If it's too long, you can always add extra holes (that's what I always did with mine, and I still have the option to make my strap longer again)... Too bad if that's not possible anymore now..

Yes I mentioned this the other day in another thread and for me it absolutely rules out a new Alexa and would be reluctant to buy from outlet via phone or ebay because of this. Don't seem to have updated new lengths on website though!
I'm gutted as I had hoped to get a new one at some point.
SA didn't think they'd changed length when I queried it but its definitely much shorter!

I've tried 3 diff alexas, 1 from m.com and 2 in store,all diff colours and all had shorter straps than my old ink Alexa, even more gutted I sold it now!
I wonder when they changed it?

I compared the regular slate strap to all of my older lexies and it is exactly the same length. Maybe you got a dud one?? Mine sits on my hip on the shortest setting and I'm 5'6".

I'm only 164 and (and size 8) and the Alexas sits on top of my hip on the lowest settings and I would very much have prefered if she sat on the lower part of my hip so min 5 cm / 2" more on the strap had been lovely.
I tried once my friends Lexy on, that was one of the first one that were released and that one had a longer strap so either that one also had a faulty longer strap or they have change it shorter. No idea but would have loved a longer strap! :biggrin:

OK, so this issue has been bugging me..... I luckily managed to get a mini leopard lexy on fleabay with a nice long strap, but before that I had been contemplating getting slate, or another new one, so decided to email Mulberry CS to find out once and for all if it is in some of our imaginations, or is infact true. It would appear the strap from 2011 onwards is DEFINITELY shorter than older ones. Something to bear in mind when buying preloved......

Dear xxx

We are sorry for the delay in responding to your query on the Alexa strap and hope that this will clarify the issue for you.

The differences in lengths are as follows (measuring the leather only):

OLD SHOULDER STRAP
Long section (without buckle) = 96cm
Short section (with buckle) = 31cm

CURRENT SHOULDER STRAP
Long section (without buckle) = 92cm
Short section (with buckle) = 24cm

As you can see the length of the strap had changed considerably so unfortunately the current shoulder strap length may no longer be to your liking.

This shoulder strap length changed before Spring Summer 2011. .

I hope the above helps but let me know if you need any further help.

Kindest Regards

Well, they better make up their mind, as I asked CS as well, that was the reply I got:

We have now checked with our stores who have measured the strap on all of the Alexa styles and the strap is/was always the same 112cm to 128cm.

You stated that you have tried several and they are all shorter which does not meet with our findings.

I informed them that the 2013 strap as shorter than 2011... and they deny it.