Neverfull sizes and question on strap

Sep 13, 2007
I'm looking at the Neverfull collection to acquire next. Think the GM is just too big for me, so deciding between the PM and the MM, but ultimately leaning towards the MM. Anyone else have any of these, input, recommendations?

Also, the straps on these just seem thin and tiny compared to what I'm used to carrying, is the bag able to stand a decent amount of weight in it and have the straps be able to support the weight or does it scream at the stitching crying for some relief?

Also which pattern does everyone prefer, classic monogram vs damier azur vs damier ebene?

I have the same dilemma about the strap. I love the figue and DE but I tote around a lot of stuff and worry about the thin straps. That's the main thing holding me back!

I have had the GM since it was released in 2006 and can say it is the BEST high end overall bag I have and probably will ever have. The GM is huge / perfect for a work tote and traveling. A little big for running around , however that said the few times I have used it - I just placed all my purchases inside the GM - even a shoe purchase with the box- lol!
Just distribute the wright contents and the thin straps should not be a problem. I made and inset form for my base so it doesn't sag etc.
Good luck- SB

Well my SA claims the MM holds up to 210lbs. Not sure about that because I have not tried to load it up that full. But the straps are quite sturdy and thick so I believe you would be fine! I have heard others complain about the straps digging into the shoulder but I have not experienced this myself. It's quite fine but I do not put too much stuff in my bag. The MM is very roomy even when the bag is cinched. I would stay clear from the DE NF though too many issues with cracking leather. Even my SA was against my buying the DE because of the known problems. Great bag though as I really do not have any cons at the moment. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

I love my neverfull pm!
I used her nonstop when I first bought her, before my husband bought my alma bb.
the neverfull pm was able to hold quite a lot!
yes, the straps are quite "skinny" if I may, but I loaded that baby up once and man can she hold!
I love the quality of the neverfull straps, sometimes I feel they're better than the alma!
I'm 5'2" 118lbs and both the pm and mm were super nice on my frame, so I know they'll look great with you!
the only reason I did not go with the mm is because I do not carry that many things with me.
the pm was also considered a "large" bag for me and I used her clinched all the time.
I went with the DE because she was my first LV piece and I was terrified of the patina situation.
HTH

I have the PM and MM in mono and DE respectively. I love both. I have really been using my MM recently and have owned for 3 years with very little use. I think my baby bump is making me feel bigger and less self conscious about it being too big for my frame (5'2 110). I am used to smaller bags though. The PM was my first LV and gets tons of use - you can fit a lot in there. People definitely seem to prefer the MM here though. The straps are definitely less comfortable on the ebene than mono. I have had cracking issues but I know they are aesthetic issues and not functional problems so I just got over it.

I hope that helps!!

I have both the PM and MM and carry my PM more often. I use the PM as a handbag and the MM as a tote for traveling, to take to dd's sports games, or when I have to carry my laptop. I have the MM in DE and my SA has assured me that there should not be any problems with the leather trim. My PM is epi leather. My next one will likely be mono. GLD!

Well my SA claims the MM holds up to 210lbs. Not sure about that because I have not tried to load it up that full. But the straps are quite sturdy and thick so I believe you would be fine! I have heard others complain about the straps digging into the shoulder but I have not experienced this myself. It's quite fine but I do not put too much stuff in my bag. The MM is very roomy even when the bag is cinched. I would stay clear from the DE NF though too many issues with cracking leather. Even my SA was against my buying the DE because of the known problems. Great bag though as I really do not have any cons at the moment. Hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum

Thank you for the info CornishMon! I really like it in the DE but if there are issues it might be worth looking at a different NF or a DE in another style :smile:

The NF GM is hands down my fave bag. I usually pack it to the max, it's always my personal item when I travel and has even acted as my sole carry-on for quick trips. I use it to commute to work on public transportation so I carry a lot: lunch, shoes, flats, umbrella, cosmetic bag, sweater, you name it, it's in there and I've never had an issue with feeling like it couldn't bear the weight.

As for patterns, I have all three. I will say the DE is great because you don't have to worry about it in the rain.

Does the DA stain easily since it's such a light color?

Also a question on the DE, this for some reason seems stiffer, is it? Such as the straps and the cinch pulls, and just the overall canvas and structure itself?

As far as staining on the DA - I have never had a problem and I have three Azur items.

The straps on the DE are a little stiff but they loosen over time. There has just been quite a few issues with the DE NF but not all have this issue - my SA advised me to stay clear from it.