Neverfull Opinions please?

Delly

Oct 5, 2013
Hi All,
Which would you all prefer: Epi in Corail, or the Mon Monogram?

Ive loved the Epi since I first saw them and always said Id get the citron (but its discontinued) went to our store last week to buy the corail but it was out of stock and looks to be in short supply in Ireland & UK so I could be waiting a while for it to be delivered... tried the bag on in other colours and didnt love them, and now cant figure out if its the Epi leather I didnt like, or the colour :wondering:

So that led me to the Mon monogram, and I think I love the Fuschia & Blue Marine combination, and really like that the pouchette is monogrammed too. But I also thought I wasnt a major fan of the monogram print, so you know... confused!

What do you guys think? Would love to know your thoughts?

Hi All,
Which would you all prefer: Epi in Corail, or the Mon Monogram?

Ive loved the Epi since I first saw them and always said Id get the citron (but its discontinued) went to our store last week to buy the corail but it was out of stock and looks to be in short supply in Ireland & UK so I could be waiting a while for it to be delivered... tried the bag on in other colours and didnt love them, and now cant figure out if its the Epi leather I didnt like, or the colour :wondering:

So that led me to the Mon monogram, and I think I love the Fuschia & Blue Marine combination, and really like that the pouchette is monogrammed too. But I also thought I wasnt a major fan of the monogram print, so you know... confused!

What do you guys think? Would love to know your thoughts?

i like the epi leather as you won't have to worry about the vachetta leather darkening/getting marked compared to mon monogram, and given the neverfull is usually an everyday workhorse bag, that is important.
Stick with the bag that speaks true, it might be worth waiting for the corail to come back in stock rather than rushing and settling on something else

I really love the look of the Epi NF's but it wasn't a good fit when I tried it on. I think I was already used to how the canvas NF hugs the body. The Epi obviously being stiffer made it feel like it stood out too far from my body. I look at pictures of others with the Epi though and they look great with it. I'd wait until the color you want arrives so that you can try it on in person. The Mon Mono is a very special bag and I highly recommend them but it is Monogram so if you're not too fond of that print, it might not be the best choice. You never know though, it may be the one Mono that you're over the moon in love with. I'd try on the Mono in the size you want and see if it's something you'd be comfortable with. I personally think the Mon Mono's are beautiful.

I would have your SA order the Epi in Corail for you. It's one of the most beautiful colors in Epi that I've ever seen.

It's kind of funny, after all the handbags that I have in my collection, the Neverfull never (hehe) called to me. Then I saw it in Corail. Whoa, it's gorgeous. I like that it's more structured than the Mono version.

Now don't get me wrong... I think Mon Mono is fantastic too. But you better really like it because once you get a bag personalized it's yours forever basically.

GL with you decision and can't wait to see your Reveal. ;)

I was all set to order a Mon Mono bag but then I started hearing about chipping issues so I changed my mind. You may want to ask in the clubhouse how the bags that have been ordered in the past 6 months-1 year have been holding up. I'd be pretty upset if I spent that much on a bag and had it chip. If there are no more chipping issues, Mon Mono would get my vote.

Mon mono!
I have a NF in mon mono, with very clair and fuchsia.
I get compliments on it all the time!
I love it and it's so different, and still the classic mono print.
It's a bag I'll have for forever!!!
I've had mine for over a year and have not had any chipping.
I Carried it on my trio to New York, I carry it to dance competitions (I'm a choreographer) and I throw it around like crazy.

Last edited:
For looks and wow factor - the EPI ~ For comfort - the canvas. ~ I think the EPI neverfulls are stunning but they are to stiff for me. They don't feel comfortable on. They feel cold and impersonal. I love the comfy factor of canvas. Especially when you have it a while and its gets really slouchy and just molds to the side of your body. There is nothing like it.

Get the Epi Corail first since it is a LE color and you won't have to baby it. I am sure you will love the NF so much that you will probably end up getting the mon mono too. GLD!

Thanks for all the replies, and apologies for posting this yesterday and then running off and not coming back!

All my issues have been touched on... am almost fearful that if I order the mon mono, I'll then see the Corail somewhere and regret my decision as its a LE colour and may not be able to get it later. But with the Epi leather I was surprised by just how stiff the bag was it didn't feel right - like it stuck out.

Then there is the issue with the Corail, its a gorgeous colour, and very much "in" right now, but I don't want a bag thats only in for a season, does anyone else wonder if it will date very quickly?

And I should have clarified, when I said I didn't think I liked the monogram print, its not that I hate it, and it has been growing on me lately, I have some smaller pieces (an Eva, a ZCP and a Cles in monogram) and just after Christmas I saw someone witha monogram Neverfull and thought it looked fab! (Still a little rare to see LVs where I am).

My SA I spoke with has said she will try order one in for me but as it was in short supply, it may be a little difficult to get so no idea how long I could be waiting.

I think for now the thing to do might be to wait for the Corail to come in, and if I dont like it then decide on the mon mono.

Thanks again for all your opinions (and sorry, I cant figure out how to quote you guys!)

I prefer a mon mono of your two options, but don’t think you should settle for a mon mono if your heart still wants epi. I think the smart decision would be to wait till the corail epi neverfull comes in, and try it on. You may love it, or you may hate it. You won’t really know for sure until you try it on. You may be waiting a little bit, but I think it’s worth it so that you don’t buy something you’ll regret later. I don’t think the corail color will feel dated down the line, just maybe not appropriate for every outfit/season. You may have that with your mon mono too depending on what color you pick. If I was going for an epi neverfull I would get a neutral color, but that’s just how my collection and personal style is! If you love that pop of color, then get what makes your heart sing!

Thanks for all the replies, and apologies for posting this yesterday and then running off and not coming back!

All my issues have been touched on... am almost fearful that if I order the mon mono, I'll then see the Corail somewhere and regret my decision as its a LE colour and may not be able to get it later. But with the Epi leather I was surprised by just how stiff the bag was it didn't feel right - like it stuck out.

Then there is the issue with the Corail, its a gorgeous colour, and very much "in" right now, but I don't want a bag thats only in for a season, does anyone else wonder if it will date very quickly?

And I should have clarified, when I said I didn't think I liked the monogram print, its not that I hate it, and it has been growing on me lately, I have some smaller pieces (an Eva, a ZCP and a Cles in monogram) and just after Christmas I saw someone witha monogram Neverfull and thought it looked fab! (Still a little rare to see LVs where I am).

My SA I spoke with has said she will try order one in for me but as it was in short supply, it may be a little difficult to get so no idea how long I could be waiting.

I think for now the thing to do might be to wait for the Corail to come in, and if I dont like it then decide on the mon mono.

Thanks again for all your opinions (and sorry, I cant figure out how to quote you guys!)
Good decision to wait and see the Corail first. I don't think the color would get dated, it is just lovely! I hope your SA gets hold of one for you soon!

Sounds like a plan. :smile: