Neverfull = never nice?

satine112

O.G.
Apr 26, 2006
I was thinking of finally buying and neverfull (I know, this bag is so old and everyone has it, but I don’t have it, I have a bunch of Speedy’s ) but now I remember why I have never purchased one. It seems like the trim on the bags crack and rip and become horrid, after just a few months of use. It doesn’t matter if I get DE, or mono. Do you think that they are going to fix that? Are any of your bags still in good condition after long-term repeated use? It’s really disappointing the quality, especially considering the bag is more than double its original price when I first turned it down when it originated LOL

I know everyone has this bag, but that's because it's a good staple to have. It's been around forever and imo not "trendy" at all. I bought my first Neverfull (DE) back in 2010 and it looks pretty good, considering I don't baby this bag. There's some wear on the handles from back when I carried textbooks and my work laptop in there, but nothing that needs replacing any time soon.. The second Neverfull (DA) I bought a year and a half ago. I'm a little more careful with her so it still looks brand new, minus some slight patina. I love the bag so much I will probably buy a Mono at some point.

My first DE NF had straps that cracked pretty quickly with minimal wear. LV replaced them for free. They did crack again but not as bad. I ended up just ignoring it since the coating will crack anyway over time. My mono NF’s have been better - my Mon Mono has always had wrinkly leather but my other ones are still pretty smooth and have softened nicely. I see tons of NF’s in the wild but I still love them. I just tie a bandeau on or use a bag charm to make mine different.

I just repurchase my NF. I sold it not because it has problems, but because I just move to different countries and my bags is just too many to carry. So I have to sold my collection.
I am sure NF is famous because it is a great tote bag. I have many bags but NF is definitely my favorite and my most used bag. If you want a special NF, you can get the limited edition or you can order NF mon monogram.

The new DE (not shiny anymore and now it’s matte and more flex) is holding up extremely well on mine. My mono and Azur is only a year old so I can’t speak for it’s cracking or ripping.. In my opinion the cracking issues that happen within a year generally come with bad storage or the weather conditions where you live. If the bag is over 5 years, it’s just natural to show wear on the most used/frequently folded areas

My 2011 DE neverfull's trim looks brand new. But I don't wear the bag cinched. That eliminates a lot of the wear, imo, but excessive wear probably has more to do with the current quality of the bags.

Reactions: satine112
I was thinking of finally buying and neverfull (I know, this bag is so old and everyone has it, but I don’t have it, I have a bunch of Speedy’s ) but now I remember why I have never purchased one. It seems like the trim on the bags crack and rip and become horrid, after just a few months of use. It doesn’t matter if I get DE, or mono. Do you think that they are going to fix that? Are any of your bags still in good condition after long-term repeated use? It’s really disappointing the quality, especially considering the bag is more than double its original price when I first turned it down when it originated LOL
I hear you. I also seem to have the "A-hole NF gene" and the minute I get near a NF then it just seems to hate on me with extreme prejudice to the point where it is now a running family gag. After 5 attempts I've finally found a DE GM that tolerates my existence and hasn't given me any problems whatsoever.

I have a NF Mono since 2013, and it became a traveler (took it to Italy and Greece last year, have been to Caribbean often and cruicess). I have even taken it to the beach (hush hush) not a single issue. I read all these comments about the slitting of the handles and I have never had a problem. these days is the only bag I use. I wonder if the newer ones are more susceptive to damages???

My 2015 GM DE has a bit of cracking on the base of the handles but it’s just on the coating and doesn’t affect the structure of the bag. I bought it as a throw around/travel/rain proof kind of bag so I don’t baby it or worry about every little mark or scratch.

This has not happened to my NFs ...the NF is actually a high quality bag when taken care of properly...