Neverfull MM in DE - Cracked Straps? *pics*

lindav

Mar 8, 2016
I received this as a gift from my boyfriend about 3 months ago. After inspecting my bag, I noticed there was some cracking from the stitching of the bag and some of the leather trim is peeling :sad:

Should I take this to LV? If yes, what should I say to them?
(1) Cracked strap
IMG_9205-2.JPG
(2) Comparison of the opposite strap
IMG_9208-1.JPG
(3) Leather Trim Peeling
IMG_9209.JPG
(4) Leather Trim Peeling
IMG_9214.JPG

Attachments

lvmk

Oct 5, 2014
I received this as a gift from my boyfriend about 3 months ago. After inspecting my bag, I noticed there was some cracking from the stitching of the bag and some of the leather trim is peeling :sad:

Should I take this to LV? If yes, what should I say to them?
(1) Cracked strap
View attachment 3616721
(2) Comparison of the opposite strap
View attachment 3616722
(3) Leather Trim Peeling
View attachment 3616723
(4) Leather Trim Peeling
View attachment 3616725
The cracking is not normal so soon; however the peeling at the edges seems like normal wear and tear but again that seems premature as well. Both problems may be related. Just take it in to the store; they're the ones who will be giving the final word! I'm sorry this has happened to your bag but I think they'll take care of you.

lindav

Mar 8, 2016
The cracking is not normal so soon; however the peeling at the edges seems like normal wear and tear but again that seems premature as well. Both problems may be related. Just take it in to the store; they're the ones who will be giving the final word! I'm sorry this has happened to your bag but I think they'll take care of you.
Thanks for your help! I brought it in on Sunday and was able to get a replacement after looking at the three Neverfull bags they had in stock. The SA tried to tell me that he believed it was normal to have a bit of peeling where the stitching was which I did not agree with at all. I think he was just annoyed that he had to show me all three bags.

Lilee2000

Sep 7, 2018
Thanks for your help! I brought it in on Sunday and was able to get a replacement after looking at the three Neverfull bags they had in stock. The SA tried to tell me that he believed it was normal to have a bit of peeling where the stitching was which I did not agree with at all. I think he was just annoyed that he had to show me all three bags.
Hi Lindav,
Since you replacement of your new bag, how is that one holding up on the straps? Have you experienced any further problems?
I just purchased the same bag 6 months ago for a travel bag (I have only used it 3-4times) and the straps have started to peel... I’m wondering if I should take it to the LV store.
Thanks so much.