Neverfull in vernis?!?

meichou

Feb 3, 2010
Loved neverfull in monogram canvas, but I have the BH and Galliera both in mono canvas. So wanna get something different, either in style or material. What's the likelhood for LV to come out with NF in vernis, since it seems that NF is quite popular?

Highly unlikely.

The side cinch wouldn't be possible without a softer material like canvas.
Patent leather is just too tough, and it will wrinkle if it becomes cinched...

Highly unlikely.

That's true... But I'm hoping that they'd come out with something similar to Neverfull in vernis.

I tried on the Brentwood in vernis pomme a couple of years ago. loved the style and the catchy color. Prefer that over the Bellevue, but it was too pricey for me at the time. Now I went on LV site and store and can no longer find Brentwood. Any idea if it has been discontinued?

I agree that they will probably never make a NF in Vernis.

However, they should make a NF-like tote without the side cinch in Vernis with no vachetta on it. I would buy one instantly!

I agree that they will probably never make a NF in Vernis.

However, they should make a NF-like tote without the side cinch in Vernis with no vachetta on it. I would buy one instantly!

LV did make a NF GM sized tote, but with vachetta handles - the Reade GM. It was the same size as an uncinched NF GM. Very large & stiff to carry. A smaller size would have been perfect. The Rouge Reade GM is in the tiny picture below (from page 30 of Vernis thread in clubhouse) and there is a purple Reade GM for sale on Fashionphile.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Vernis.jpg
    Vernis.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 381
LV did make a NF GM sized tote, but with vachetta handles - the Reade GM. It was the same size as an uncinched NF GM. Very large & stiff to carry. A smaller size would have been perfect. The Rouge Reade GM is in the tiny picture below (from page 30 of Vernis thread in clubhouse) and there is a purple Reade GM for sale on Fashionphile.

Thanks for the info! If they re-release this bag without the vachetta, I am going to buy one! The one on fashionphile doesn't look all that great; plus I don't like buying pre-owned (creeps me out just a little!) :biggrin:

I THINK IT WOULD BE GORGEOUS!!

It doesnt have to be cinch-able... They could just add the drawstrings for extra style and accents to the bag..They could make them in PM and MM (GM might be too big, but hey.. im sure someone out there will still buy it)

I think they should do the handles and drawstrings in vachetta though..... Just so there's a contrast to the bag. I think vernis-leather handles would look weird, especially since the NF straps are thin and supposed to be floppy/soft... If the handles are in vernis leather, it would be folded and crack and wrinkle... and it would be quite stiff on the shoulders...

Highly unlikely.

That's what I was thinking. Vernis is just much too stiff for that style of bag.

...Brentwood is great - they are about as similar to NF as you're likely to get in vernis.