Neverfull - has content ever fallen off the bag?

Aug 2, 2009
Hi, I like the classic style of neverfull, but concerned about the lack of zipper. I know many forumers here have neverfull and use it frequently, so love to hear from your experience.

have you experienced content falling off the bag (e.g. when you lay it down on the car seat or floor)? or experienced higher risk of pickpocketing if you pass by crowded areas? would you recommend the pm or mm from a content security standpoint? thanks!

Hi! I own the Neverfull Damier mm, and I really love it! I've never had trouble with or thing falling out. I can understand that you're worried about pickpocketing, what I usually do is hold the bag in my hand in front of me when I feel that there is too much people around. I think you should go with the mm, I don't like the pm at all. It's so small an I don't think you can fit so much in it.

I have the bh.. open top nd many times i've had it on the front seat of the car and stopped suddenly and everything has fallen out.. otherwise its never been an issue. Tighten the sides and you should be ok.

I have the MM and it has never been floppy enough for things to fall off - full or not. I love the slight stiffness of the canvas which gives it a little structure. The sides may bend inwards if not full, but that's it.

Security wise - just to crowded malls, but my wallet and keys are in the big pocket, and I loop a wristlet thru the D ring to keep my phone in. Otherwise it's stuffed with my toddler's stuff which is not of much value.

A zipper like the Totally's always gives peace of mind. But the fact that the neverfull doesn't taper upwards to accomodate a zipper, just gives you more room to throw stuff in.

Yes, my stuff has fallen out when I have stopped the car suddenly or if I bend over to pick my toddler up off the floor. It probably wouldn't fall out if I cinched it but I hate that look. So, now, I hold my bag really tight under my arm before I pick up my child. Or, if coming to a sudden stop, I protect my bag from falling. But, other than that, it's all love. It a great bag........... :biggrin:

ETA: I have the Damier MM.

No, I try not to put to many things inside but even when it's too full, it's OK!Of course, the fact that it has no lock scares me a lot and especially when I'm around on trains or buses I hold it tight!

That's the reason I didn't consider the Neverfull. I work in the city and take public transportation, walk quite a bit, and there are a ton of people. I'm paranoid about being pickpocketed. I got the Seleya MM instead. (Plus I love the red suede interior over the canvas.)

I have the bh.. open top nd many times i've had it on the front seat of the car and stopped suddenly and everything has fallen out.. otherwise its never been an issue. Tighten the sides and you should be ok.
ugh i hate that when it happens!! i end up just setting my bag on the floor of my car.... or lay it flat on the seat. i'm very careful about my NF in public places. i'm not going to flamboyantly leave it open so people can see what's inside and probably take it. but i would definitely leave my wallet in the zip pocket inside.