Neverfull GM Pouch

Kitty Magenta

Dec 18, 2015
Hello all. I currently have a Neverfull GM in Damier Ebene and I absolutely adore this bag but I got this bag back in 2013 and at the time it didn't come with the little pouch. I have a few questions if my fellow TPF can help me out.
1.) Can you just purchase the Neverfull GM pouch on its own at a Louis Vuitton store as a replacement? And how much? (I know Fashionphile have some but I just wanted to know if I can purchase one directly and if anyone has ever done so before.)
2.) What do you use the Neverfull pouch for?
3.) Do you use it on its own as a clutch or do you use it strictly inside your Neverfull?

Any input will be greatly appreciated and thank you all in advance for your help or even just stopping by!

Last year I bought the Neverfull MM which came with the pouch. But the size of both pouches MM and GM is the same, so I thought I might give you my thoughts on this:

1) this one might depend on your SA as some do not order them if you did not actually buy the Neverfull with the pouch beforehand. If you have a good relationship with yours and explain the situation (there was no pouch back in 2013), there should not be a problem and they will order it for you.

2) to this day I have only used my pouch once for our vacation last year. To me the pouch's structure feels odd. It does not have a real bottom, so I cannot put make-up or other wider things inside. I only use it for travel to put my passport and flight tickets inside. This is why I am thinking about selling it and buy a pouch I get more use out of because it seems wasteful to me right now. I am looking forward to some new ideas I have not come across yet.

3) at first, I thought I might use it as a clutch and really looked forward to it. But as I tried it inside our home in front of the mirror, I felt it did not look like a clutch and did not suit me right. You can only carry it by hand and not put it on your shoulder. It would be so much better if only it were a little more like the Pallas clutch!

So over all, I would have preferred it either a bit wider or the option to buy the Neverfull without it.

Last year I bought the Neverfull MM which came with the pouch. But the size of both pouches MM and GM is the same, so I thought I might give you my thoughts on this:

1) this one might depend on your SA as some do not order them if you did not actually buy the Neverfull with the pouch beforehand. If you have a good relationship with yours and explain the situation (there was no pouch back in 2013), there should not be a problem and they will order it for you.

2) to this day I have only used my pouch once for our vacation last year. To me the pouch's structure feels odd. It does not have a real bottom, so I cannot put make-up or other wider things inside. I only use it for travel to put my passport and flight tickets inside. This is why I am thinking about selling it and buy a pouch I get more use out of because it seems wasteful to me right now. I am looking forward to some new ideas I have not come across yet.

3) at first, I thought I might use it as a clutch and really looked forward to it. But as I tried it inside our home in front of the mirror, I felt it did not look like a clutch and did not suit me right. You can only carry it by hand and not put it on your shoulder. It would be so much better if only it were a little more like the Pallas clutch!

So over all, I would have preferred it either a bit wider or the option to buy the Neverfull without it.
Thank you so much Quinni! This really helped me decide on not getting another neverfull with a pouch. Your answer helped very much and I really appreciate it!

I purchased my Neverfull before they came with pouches, so when they came out I bought one on eBay. I use it to carry my Ipad mini when I travel, and I travel a lot.

It's not very practical, but I felt it updated my Neverfull!

Hello all. I currently have a Neverfull GM in Damier Ebene and I absolutely adore this bag but I got this bag back in 2013 and at the time it didn't come with the little pouch. I have a few questions if my fellow TPF can help me out.
1.) Can you just purchase the Neverfull GM pouch on its own at a Louis Vuitton store as a replacement? And how much? (I know Fashionphile have some but I just wanted to know if I can purchase one directly and if anyone has ever done so before.)
3.) Do you use it on its own as a clutch or do you use it strictly inside your Neverfull?

Any input will be greatly appreciated and thank you all in advance for your help or even just stopping by!
1) You can order the Neverfull as a replacement part at the store. You have to come into the store with your neverfull. I was quoted $300 for pouch and $75 for the strap that goes with it.
2) I use it for receipts and any paperwork that might be floating around in my neverfull. I also use it to hold my checkbook or my kindle. Or when I'm on vacation, passports and boarding passes.
3) I personally use it strictly inside my neverfull. But I know it works great as a grab and go when you don't want to take your whole bag and want to just grab the pouch and put in some cash, cards, phones and keys and go.

1) Yes, you can go into LV/call CS and they'll order one as a spare part for you - might have to settle for a standard colour/print combo if you have a more limited/discontinued NF (i.e. Mimosa) - although the cost will depend on the country you live in.
2) My original NF didn't come with a pouch although my new one did. Frankly I find it so thin to the point of being borderline useless, but it does do the trick for holding things such as my passport and boarding tickets.
3) It stays inside of my NF.

Reactions: Kitty Magenta
Yes you can order them separately. My NFs didn't come with the pouch either. My SA was able to order it for me which cost $300. I was able to choose any design too. I use it to put my thin daily planner, receipts and sometimes use it as a wallet. It's very convenient when I go to the grocery store and or do quick errands.

As I know it, some SA's won't order it unless you have the bag as it's a replacement part. I got one because my SA knows me. I use it only for travel which is why I bought it. I didn't buy the leather strap, I add an LV dragone strap I had and it works well. I use it only for travel and I love it for that reason. It's pretty slim but some people use for iPads or kindle or a catch all in their bags. Some use it as a base shaper in their NF. It's not a must ESP if u have a pouchette nm but I love it for travelling. Since some keepalls don't have a pocket this is great to attach to the D ring inside as a pocket. Won't hold as much but it is something and it's slim like a speedy pocket. HTH.

I purchased my Neverfull before they came with pouches, so when they came out I bought one on eBay. I use it to carry my Ipad mini when I travel, and I travel a lot.

It's not very practical, but I felt it updated my Neverfull!
That's exactly how I feel. Mine didn't come with it but if I get the pouch, somehow I feel like it's a complete bag but I also want it for female stuff or makeup or evening out but I heard it's so thin it's useless so I'm torn. But thank you tho. I appreciate your input.

As I know it, some SA's won't order it unless you have the bag as it's a replacement part. I got one because my SA knows me. I use it only for travel which is why I bought it. I didn't buy the leather strap, I add an LV dragone strap I had and it works well. I use it only for travel and I love it for that reason. It's pretty slim but some people use for iPads or kindle or a catch all in their bags. Some use it as a base shaper in their NF. It's not a must ESP if u have a pouchette nm but I love it for travelling. Since some keepalls don't have a pocket this is great to attach to the D ring inside as a pocket. Won't hold as much but it is something and it's slim like a speedy pocket. HTH.
I do have a NF GM so I want one so I can feel complete. I have a pochette nm strap which I never use. Do you think I can use that strap instead and same me a few bucks? Thanks in advance

Ok everyone. I called 1800 client services and they said you cannot purchase the NF pouch on its own. So I texted my SA and he said can order it as a replacement pouch for $300 and strap is $90. So I might get the pouch and use it as a makeup bag or to store feminine products but I will feel more complete. Thanks for everyone's input!! You guys/ladies are always great when I need advice!

Reactions: Iceskate and litchi
Ok everyone. I called 1800 client services and they said you cannot purchase the NF pouch on its own. So I texted my SA and he said can order it as a replacement pouch for $300 and strap is $90. So I might get the pouch and use it as a makeup bag or to store feminine products but I will feel more complete. Thanks for everyone's input!! You guys/ladies are always great when I need advice!
You could buy the mini pochette for $310 if you're only using it for make-up and feminine items...

Do you think that the mini pochette can hold more than the NF pouch?

That's the million dollar question! The NF pouch can hold longer flat items (like an ipad mini), but the mini pochette can hold thicker items like lipstick, dental floss, tampons and etc without having lumps and bumps... I sold my NF pouch, had I kept it, it would have only been used to store my ipad.