Neverfull GM & Plus Size Girls?

Makenzi

Jan 17, 2009
I am considering purchasing a Neverfull GM, but I have larger arms, are there any girls here that are plus size that have this bag? If so how is the strap size for you? Does anyone who has larger arms have a picture of your bag on your shoulder? Any help would be much appreciated!

sarafina77

Wool Vixen
Jul 9, 2008
As a big girl, I just have to weigh in (no pun intended - lol). I decided that while I am somewhat limited to designer clothes (being a size 18), I refuse to let myself be limited on purses. I buy what I like and don't worry about it. I tend to gravitate towards bigger bags anyway cause I haul around a lot of stuff, but don't stress over bags when it comes to your size - we are limited enough.

Rock what you like with pride! :flowers: You're gorgeous!

deem0nessa

O.G.
Jan 7, 2009
IIRC the gm fit me but it didn't look that great because both me and hubby felt the straps were too thin looking...it kind of emphasized me being plus sized if you know what i mean.. the size of gm itself is great only thing that bothered me was the thinness of the straps...

oompie

O.G.
Apr 7, 2009
I have just ordered the Neverfull in MM. I am not a plus size, but I am 6'2" and have problems with many of the LV shoulder bags being able to fit on my shoulder. I haven't received my bag as yet, but can let you know how it goes when it arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

T-Girl

Ahhhh...I'm falling!
May 7, 2008
I am medium height (5"6) and athletic build (+130 lbs) and it just barely fit over my shoulder with a winter coat. It was a tight fit but I could get away with it. I wished the straps were 2" longer and it would be perfect. If you're not wearing a winter coat, it may work. It is too bad you can't test it out at a nearby boutique. Maybe call Louis Vuitton and ask them the same question. Good luck! :tup:

Makenzi

Jan 17, 2009
I am medium height (5"6) and athletic build (+130 lbs) and it just barely fit over my shoulder with a winter coat. It was a tight fit but I could get away with it. I wished the straps were 2" longer and it would be perfect. If you're not wearing a winter coat, it may work. It is too bad you can't test it out at a nearby boutique. Maybe call Louis Vuitton and ask them the same question. Good luck! :tup:
I have done that but with no help there. They just tell me how long they are and etc.

I have just ordered the Neverfull in MM. I am not a plus size, but I am 6'2" and have problems with many of the LV shoulder bags being able to fit on my shoulder. I haven't received my bag as yet, but can let you know how it goes when it arrives (hopefully tomorrow).

I def. have larger arms, like if I measure like where the strap sit (under my arm pit and around to my shoulder) its like 21" which is why I am so afraid this isnt going to fit. I dont have a store near me to go in and try one on. UGH! I dont know what to do. :shrugs:

T-Girl

Ahhhh...I'm falling!
May 7, 2008
That's too bad Makenzi. I have a feeling it will be a tight fit if I am complaining about the shortness of the Neverfull GM straps. I remember complaining to the SA before buying the Neverfull but I tried my best to make it work. It still find it too short. My Batignolles straps are longer but the handbags (the Horizontal and Vertical) are smaller.

jennifer20

shop till you drop
O.G.
Mar 21, 2009
i think the MM would fit over your shoulders, the only problem might be with a coat- and this usually doesn't even have to do with your own size but more just how the handles are designed. Even if you are very petite some bags just don't fit well with coats, etc. I also don't think there's too huge of a difference in the handle length between the GM and MM ( i had both ) so if you want to MM just go for it.

mcg3897

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I think the MM and the GM shoulder strap size is the same in both, I could be wrong but I have tried both on and don't like bags to sit under my arm or be uncomfy- I have the gm, but I have to say , the shoulder straps could stand to be a little longer but it still works.