Neverfull GM or Speedy B 35 for Europe trip?

emimc

Dec 4, 2011
Hi everyone. Please help me decide what bag I should buy for my Europe trip in May. The trip is going to be about 25 days across 10 countries. I'm planning on taking one luggage with me since there're going to be a lot of train hopping on and off. So it would be just that one luggage plus one more bag which I'm trying to decide right now between Neverfull GM or Speedy B 35. The problem is.. I can't decide! I'm always so indecisive (I hate that about me :crybaby:)

Anyway, here's what I think, IMO I would be able to carry a lot with the Neverfull GM, but would the strap hurt my shoulder if I carry a lot though? One more thing that make me hesitate is that it has no zipper and I'm scared of using it in some cities like Rome, or Prague which has reputation for pickpocketing.

I love Speedy B 35, but do you think it is quite a lot smaller and hold a lot less compared to Neverfull GM (if wearing cinched)? Also does the Speedy B 35's strap hurt your shoulder when carrying a lot in the bag? I'm leaning towards Speedy B 35 now since I love the cross body option. What do you think?

Hello there!
While i myself have just ordered the Mon Mono Neverfull GM for travel purposes, to schlep around etc..
I would suggest the Speedy B 35 for your purpose..
I've travelled on the train around Europe.. And yes, you might want one that can zip closed, and be on your person the whole time (meaning, hanging on you)..
Trips like this can be quite hectic, and you'll want your hands free.. There are a lot of distractions, and it can get rather busy and tight at the train statiions, etc.. You may even fall asleep..
Anyway, you get the picture! ;)

Good luck deciding!

Hello there!
While i myself have just ordered the Mon Mono Neverfull GM for travel purposes, to schlep around etc..
I would suggest the Speedy B 35 for your purpose..
I've travelled on the train around Europe.. And yes, you might want one that can zip closed, and be on your person the whole time (meaning, hanging on you)..
Trips like this can be quite hectic, and you'll want your hands free.. There are a lot of distractions, and it can get rather busy and tight at the train statiions, etc.. You may even fall asleep..
Anyway, you get the picture! ;)

Good luck deciding!

Thank you for your input Eurogirrl! one vote for Speedy B 35 now :graucho:

Hi everyone. Please help me decide what bag I should buy for my Europe trip in May. The trip is going to be about 25 days across 10 countries. I'm planning on taking one luggage with me since there're going to be a lot of train hopping on and off. So it would be just that one luggage plus one more bag which I'm trying to decide right now between Neverfull GM or Speedy B 35. The problem is.. I can't decide! I'm always so indecisive (I hate that about me :crybaby:)

Anyway, here's what I think, IMO I would be able to carry a lot with the Neverfull GM, but would the strap hurt my shoulder if I carry a lot though? One more thing that make me hesitate is that it has no zipper and I'm scared of using it in some cities like Rome, or Prague which has reputation for pickpocketing.

I love Speedy B 35, but do you think it is quite a lot smaller and hold a lot less compared to Neverfull GM (if wearing cinched)? Also does the Speedy B 35's strap hurt your shoulder when carrying a lot in the bag? I'm leaning towards Speedy B 35 now since I love the cross body option. What do you think?
Speedy B. You will appreciate the sling over strap and zipper when traveling.

Absolutely the Speedy B! It is a safer option for train and pedi travel in Europe and will allow some protection from pickpockets. Also, by packing/adding a bandeau or charm, you can leave the shoulder strap and dress it up for dinner out. Have a fabulous trip!

Definitely the Speedy B... I only travel with my Idylle Speedy and I find the cross-body option very useful.. Also, I can lock it for when I'm on public transit or in crowded areas. You can always bring a fold-up nylon tote with you in case you need to carry something extra.. otherwise, just use your shopping bags that you'll acquire along the way :biggrin:

def speedy b unless you get the zipper organizer for the GM...but then that will limit how much you can fit which it sounds like is the reason you want to take it in the first place..