Neverfull GM Damier Ebene- Look what happened!

Bostonpatsgirl

Casey
O.G.
Nov 6, 2013
OMG!!! I'm currently in panic mode! I purchased a Neverfull GM in Damier Ebene in November of last year. I only use it when it rains so I've most likely carried it maybe 30 times. I went to cinch it on the sides today and the leather strap broke in half. EEEEK! The bag barely had anything in it and I in no way tugged on it! Anyone had this problem!!??? I'm so sad!:sad::pout:

I'm wondering if I want it replaced or repaired? I may not have a choice but should I mention it possibly happening to the rest of the bag and would like a new one? I've never had to get anything fixed or replaced so I'm interested in what you ladies think?

Attachments

• IMG_20140612_0914271111.jpg
    IMG_20140612_0914271111.jpg
    370 KB · Views: 2,211
Last edited:
Like someone else said, take it to LV and they should replace them for free. I recently took my 2+ year old DE Neverfull GM in for repair because the leather straps that are used to cinch the bag separated (like the glue came undone). I also had minor cracking on one of the handles. They replaced both handles and the cinching straps for free. I believe they also replaced the piping around the top of the bag because it appears in better shape than when I dropped it off. Also, the new handles seem sturdier than the older handles. Maybe they are not broken in yet or they are using a better leather?!? Needless to say, I am very happy!!!

I am hoping that with the ridiculous price increases, they are realizing the need to stand behind their product and do most reasonable repairs for free!

Uh oh :sad: Sorry it happened to you. Hope you get a speedy resolution. I have been looking into getting the Totally PM in DE, but I am seriously rethinking my choice :sad:

Rupa
P.S. I am a new member here. Been browsing for several years. Can't start my own thread to introduce myself since I am new.