Neverfull GM Damier Ebene- Look what happened!

Nov 6, 2013
West Chazy, NY
OMG!!! I'm currently in panic mode! I purchased a Neverfull GM in Damier Ebene in November of last year. I only use it when it rains so I've most likely carried it maybe 30 times. I went to cinch it on the sides today and the leather strap broke in half. EEEEK! The bag barely had anything in it and I in no way tugged on it! Anyone had this problem!!??? I'm so sad!:sad::pout:

I'm wondering if I want it replaced or repaired? I may not have a choice but should I mention it possibly happening to the rest of the bag and would like a new one? I've never had to get anything fixed or replaced so I'm interested in what you ladies think?

Attachments

Last edited:

Surreal25

May 1, 2014
Wow. Now, unless you took scissors to your bag, I doubt they can tell you that's normal wear and tear!!!

louisrl

Dec 17, 2012
Sorry for what happened to your bag. Bring it to the store and show them. What's happening with the quality of LV nowadays?

zeronohiya

Mar 20, 2012
Chicago
Like someone else said, take it to LV and they should replace them for free. I recently took my 2+ year old DE Neverfull GM in for repair because the leather straps that are used to cinch the bag separated (like the glue came undone). I also had minor cracking on one of the handles. They replaced both handles and the cinching straps for free. I believe they also replaced the piping around the top of the bag because it appears in better shape than when I dropped it off. Also, the new handles seem sturdier than the older handles. Maybe they are not broken in yet or they are using a better leather?!? Needless to say, I am very happy!!!

I am hoping that with the ridiculous price increases, they are realizing the need to stand behind their product and do most reasonable repairs for free!

Rbamba

Jun 1, 2014
Uh oh :sad: Sorry it happened to you. Hope you get a speedy resolution. I have been looking into getting the Totally PM in DE, but I am seriously rethinking my choice :sad:

Rupa
P.S. I am a new member here. Been browsing for several years. Can't start my own thread to introduce myself since I am new.

deb68nc

O.G.
Jul 23, 2008
NC
Take it in I'm sure they won't say it's "normal wear and tear"...I'm sorry this happened to you but unfortunately I can relate...