Neverfull epi owners - Wear and tear?

chooy

Dec 18, 2015
Hi all,

After loving my neverfulls in canvas prints for years, I'm considering getting an epi Neverfull. I've searched the forum and looked for reviews but there isn't much information available on the wear and tear of the epi Neverfull.

One thing I absolutely love about my canvas version neverfull is that the handles can be replaced after years of wear. If the glazing wears off on the monogram piece, it's easy to get it reglazed. Will I be able to do that with the epi? I'm concerned because I found a few reviews saying that LV will not repair a bag in epi leather. I'm assuming that upon 7+ years of wear, the epi handles will definitely need replacement and I'm hesitant on getting the bag if I know that I cannot get it repaired down the line.

How old is your epi Neverfull and how are your handles and trim holding up? What issues did you face (cracking or fraying etc)? Did any of you get the handles replaced or repaired?

Also, I prefer the cinched look on the Neverfull. If any of you cinched your epi NF frequently, did it develop a permanent crease on the bag?

And this is a long shot but.. If you ever had to request a replacement for your pouch, how much did it cost? I sold my DE pouch and I think I'll do the same with the epi but I want to know the cost of replacement before sending it away in case I regret later.

Thanks in advance!

Monogram NF straps can be replaced as they’re leather as are the Epi so shouldn’t be an issue. Maybe call LV to double it’s something they’re willing to undertake.

I have a denim Epi that is holding up well after a couple years, just slight creasing to the handles which common and the same on my canvas version.

I don’t cinch, because I’m not keen on that look on the MM, so can’t comment on long term creasing. I would’ve thought if kept this way over time a crease would develop.

LV should be able to advise on a replacement pouch that’s if they offer this.

Between the two NFs I own, I prefer the structure and shape the Epi has maintained compared to the canvas.

31838CBD-B9EA-4656-8872-9C0821EC6CA8.jpeg

I have a Black Epi Neverfull that I use occasionally for work. I personally think the leather is too stiff to cinch. I can’t comment so much on the wear and tear since I haven’t beat it around as much BUT I will say that after owning it for less than a year it got a huge scratch across the side and I was able to exchange it for a new bag because the SA told me it should be more durable that that.

Hi all,

After loving my neverfulls in canvas prints for years, I'm considering getting an epi Neverfull. I've searched the forum and looked for reviews but there isn't much information available on the wear and tear of the epi Neverfull.

One thing I absolutely love about my canvas version neverfull is that the handles can be replaced after years of wear. If the glazing wears off on the monogram piece, it's easy to get it reglazed. Will I be able to do that with the epi? I'm concerned because I found a few reviews saying that LV will not repair a bag in epi leather. I'm assuming that upon 7+ years of wear, the epi handles will definitely need replacement and I'm hesitant on getting the bag if I know that I cannot get it repaired down the line.

How old is your epi Neverfull and how are your handles and trim holding up? What issues did you face (cracking or fraying etc)? Did any of you get the handles replaced or repaired?

Also, I prefer the cinched look on the Neverfull. If any of you cinched your epi NF frequently, did it develop a permanent crease on the bag?

And this is a long shot but.. If you ever had to request a replacement for your pouch, how much did it cost? I sold my DE pouch and I think I'll do the same with the epi but I want to know the cost of replacement before sending it away in case I regret later.

Thanks in advance!
Epi Neverfull can't be cinched in the leather is hard not like canvas is appliable or you will have the permanent creases in the leather. I had one Epi Neverfull that the surface of leather feels soooo good when you touch it! Not sure if all epi Neverfull feels the same way though

I have two- one in black and one in purple. I cinch them frequently but use a little key ring to hold the cinch together and there’s not much creasing. I’ve had the epi neverfull since it debuted bc I wasn’t a huge fan of canvas bags and wanted an understated look. It makes for an awesome work bag. I’m pretty sure you can get your handles replaced. I had mine re-glazed and they’ve smoothed over the issues it initially had (the glazing melted onto my clothes). All in all, a great purchase.