Neverfull Epi - colour chipping off

I bought my Neverfull in Epi leather about 7 months ago and have been carrying it to work every day since then. From early on I had problems with colour chipping of on both corners of the bag. I have attached a picture of the problem. Couldn't get the camera to focus but you'll see what I mean. It is not too bad right now but I am worried that in a year's time it will start to look really bad. My mother noticed it said that this shouldn't happen with a 1500$ bag.

Should I take it back to the store (bought it here in Switzerland) and ask for a free repair? Or is this normal wear and tear? Will they repair it for free?

If you own a Neverfull in Epi leather, please let me know if you are experiencing the same problem.

Attachments

• DSCI1603.JPG
    DSCI1603.JPG
    197.8 KB · Views: 1,444
I don't own a epi neverfull but have taken in 2 items previously for faults etc. LV customer service is excellent in my opinion. Don't hesitate just go to your local store and express your disappointment in the bag. I'm sure they will either replace it or repair for free. Good luck.

I don't own a epi neverfull but have taken in 2 items previously for faults etc. LV customer service is excellent in my opinion. Don't hesitate just go to your local store and express your disappointment in the bag. I'm sure they will either replace it or repair for free. Good luck.
+ 1 I took my de neverfull in 3 weeks ago, it's being sent to Paris for free new handles as it was just under one year (I deliberately waited till the bag was nearly a year) I've also taken in 4 other items for minor repairs (zipper pulls, cles chains, popper buttons) and the SA's have been super helpful.

I thought from the title it was the epi itself chipping... I was going to say hmmm they won't be able to repair it.. But because it is just the trim.. yes It would most definitely be a free repair. It is a neverfull problem for sure, any treated leather... damier ebene neverfull has a bad bad problem with this.. and i guess the trimming on the epi neverfulls is the same just different colour... Hope it works out for you xo

I don't have a NF but an epi Alma and the corners started chipping just a couple of months of getting it. LV said it is normal wear and tear and I could replace that part of the bag for like $350. Mine isn't that bad and I'm the only person who would ever notice it but I was a little annoyed especially since the bag wasn't even 3 months old and I'm very careful with it.

I would still bring it in as I'm curious to see what LV will tell you.

I bought my Neverfull in Epi leather about 7 months ago and have been carrying it to work every day since then. From early on I had problems with colour chipping of on both corners of the bag. I have attached a picture of the problem. Couldn't get the camera to focus but you'll see what I mean. It is not too bad right now but I am worried that in a year's time it will start to look really bad. My mother noticed it said that this shouldn't happen with a 1500$ bag.

Should I take it back to the store (bought it here in Switzerland) and ask for a free repair? Or is this normal wear and tear? Will they repair it for free?

If you own a Neverfull in Epi leather, please let me know if you are experiencing the same problem.

Oh no. Is this an MM or a PM? I've fallen hard for the beautiful colors of the Epi Neverfull. I sure hope this doesn't happen to me.

I really hope LV will fix this for you! Good luck!

So I have finally gotten around to go back to the store. The girls there were very friendly. They agreed to sumbit the bag to one of LV's repair experts to decide whether this should be a free repair. However, they already told me in the store that the repair will be most likely FREE as it is in perfect condition and it is really only the corners of the bag. The bag will be sent off to Paris for repair and I should have it back in approx. 2 months.
So let's hope everything goes well with the repair and that I'll have my beauty back by the time spring rolls around :smile:

So I have finally gotten around to go back to the store. The girls there were very friendly. They agreed to sumbit the bag to one of LV's repair experts to decide whether this should be a free repair. However, they already told me in the store that the repair will be most likely FREE as it is in perfect condition and it is really only the corners of the bag. The bag will be sent off to Paris for repair and I should have it back in approx. 2 months.
So let's hope everything goes well with the repair and that I'll have my beauty back by the time spring rolls around :smile:
Hope everything works out okay, and your Epi Neverfull is beautiful by the way!

I have my bag back!! In the end the repair only took 6 weeks and I am very pleased with the result. In the shop they told me I was quite lucky because they just stopped producing the fuchsia colour. Any later and I wouldn't have been able to get the bag repaired. (This is what I understood from what the SA told me anyways ... I live in a French speaking country and my French is not 100% there - far from it)

They even gave me a brand new paper bag and a new dust bag - one of these awesome ones with the pull strings!! I am very pleased. The repair was free of charge as the damage occurred within 12 months of purchasing it, otherwise it would have been 125 CHF (approx. 124 USD or 118 EUR).

I have my bag back!! In the end the repair only took 6 weeks and I am very pleased with the result. In the shop they told me I was quite lucky because they just stopped producing the fuchsia colour. Any later and I wouldn't have been able to get the bag repaired. (This is what I understood from what the SA told me anyways ... I live in a French speaking country and my French is not 100% there - far from it)

They even gave me a brand new paper bag and a new dust bag - one of these awesome ones with the pull strings!! I am very pleased. The repair was free of charge as the damage occurred within 12 months of purchasing it, otherwise it would have been 125 CHF (approx. 124 USD or 118 EUR).
Hey,
I am Mitali Sah from Mumbai,India. I purchased a Neverfull MM from the LV store here which cost me INR 80,000. In a year the leather trimming chipped off. The store repaired it for me and it took over 3 months. After another 2 years the same leather trimming chipped off again and this time around I was extremely disappointed. The store was very rude about it, took 3 days to get back to me and blamed me for the leather chipping off. They said it was wear and tear, I should be more careful with my bag and keep airing it from time to time. I use this bag on a weekly basis. How can they blame a faulty product on the customer?! I didnot expect a brand like Louis Vuitton to respond this way to a customer complaint. Please help me out. I am very admant on getting this bag exchanged as I donot want to use a twice repaired bag which I have to pay for. Mitali Sah - [email protected]