Neverfull ebene cracking....loads of pics!

mary5sok

Feb 4, 2012
Here she goes...I got her as a gift on Valentine's Day from my DB. :heart: I have been crossing my fingers for this "cracking/peeling" not to happen to me, but it did.... I saw it today while in the cracking checking out my bag. 8 places total :sad: I called Saks LV & the SA told me to bring it in. I asked if she's heard of any cracking of the Neverfull Ebene & she said no....why don't they know? It's all over TPF?!?

DSCN5328.jpg

DSCN5329.jpg

DSCN5330.jpg

DSCN5333.jpg

DSCN5334.jpg

DSCN5335.jpg

DSCN5340.jpg

DSCN5344.jpg

DSCN5345.jpg

DSCN5351.jpg

DSCN5354.jpg

DSCN5355.jpg

DSCN5357.jpg

DSCN5362.jpg

DSCN5363.jpg

DSCN5366.jpg

DSCN5367.jpg

DSCN5370.jpg

DSCN5371.jpg

I had a splitting issue on the drawstrings on the side after just one week of use! The drawstrings were literally coming apart. I took it back and have yet to replace my NF in DE....doubt I ever will. I never want to go through that again.

I'm crossing my fingers for you....let's see what they say.

OMGosh, I am really considering purchasing this bag in the ebene, but now I'm wondering if I should just stick to the monogram ,or chance it and if it happens, get the handles replaced?? Thoughts??

Did you take it in yet to see what they said they will do about it??

I had a peeling problem with my Neverfull Damier Ebene shortly after I purchased it and I took it in and they re-glazed my straps. I have not had any problems since. Good luck:smile:

I've had my DE Neverfull MM for 3 years and the straps are completely destroyed. It happened a while after I purchased it, so I never took it to the store.. The 'glazed' part completely peeled off on one strap.. It's really sad.. I know this sounds crazy, but I actually teared up a few Weeks ago. :sad:

You have to take the bag back. Don't accept a repair ,you should get a replacement ,refund,or a new bag.
Your SA at Saks might nit be aware of the issue if people are going directly to the LV boutique regarding the issue rather than back to her.
IMO if this bag was a car, it would've been recalled over the issues it's had.
LV is burying their head in the sand regarding this issue. They are offering a quick fix ( like reglazing or replacing the straps ). That isn't going to fix it.
The person who hd their cracked straps reglazed, to me that seems like painting over chipped nail polish. It's goimg to happen again.
Return the bag ,get a new one and don't accept anything less.

You have to take the bag back. Don't accept a repair ,you should get a replacement ,refund,or a new bag.
Your SA at Saks might nit be aware of the issue if people are going directly to the LV boutique regarding the issue rather than back to her.
IMO if this bag was a car, it would've been recalled over the issues it's had.
LV is burying their head in the sand regarding this issue. They are offering a quick fix ( like reglazing or replacing the straps ). That isn't going to fix it.
The person who hd their cracked straps reglazed, to me that seems like painting over chipped nail polish. It's goimg to happen again.
Return the bag ,get a new one and don't accept anything less.

I got a call from LV today and they're replacing the strap on my NF for free. Originally they wanted to charge me $105!! None of the SA's seemed to know anything about the cracking/peeling issue when I brought the bag in two weeks ago and when I mentioned it was an on-going issue with these bags, they had no clue. And when I mentioned the one year warranty they said they "had to send it out" first and that they "couldn't make any decisions". Out of the three SA's that were helping me and looking on the computer only one of them actually cared. The other two seemed like they were blaming me and said "Well, you'll have a three year warranty on the repair"

If the strap cracks again I'm definitely going to push for a brand new bag but honestly I'd prefer a refund. This has really turned me off this bag and DE.:sad:

OMGosh, I am really considering purchasing this bag in the ebene, but now I'm wondering if I should just stick to the monogram ,or chance it and if it happens, get the handles replaced?? Thoughts??

I wouldn't take a chance. I'd get it in mono. If my bag starts cracking again after it's fixed I'm pushing for a refund to get a different bag. It's not worth the worries or hassle.

Mary5sok---that's exactly what my strap looked like. One side was worse than the other though.

SLI1 said:
Wow sorry that happened to your bag. I use my NF DE MM nearly everyday since summer of 2011 & have been fortunate there are no issues with my bag.

I've been crossing my fingers when I hear & see these issues...now it's my turn. I don't know if I want another neverfull in Beene but I love this bag so much. :sad:

LVoeAffaire said:

Actually not yet, but I will soon. The SAs said they have to take a look first.

I got a call from LV today and they're replacing the strap on my NF for free. Originally they wanted to charge me $105!! None of the SA's seemed to know anything about the cracking/peeling issue when I brought the bag in two weeks ago and when I mentioned it was an on-going issue with these bags, they had no clue. And when I mentioned the one year warranty they said they "had to send it out" first and that they "couldn't make any decisions". Out of the three SA's that were helping me and looking on the computer only one of them actually cared. The other two seemed like they were blaming me and said "Well, you'll have a three year warranty on the repair"

If the strap cracks again I'm definitely going to push for a brand new bag but honestly I'd prefer a refund. This has really turned me off this bag and DE.:sad:

If you haven't authorized them to replace them ,ask for a refund.
If you're already having it done,ask them what they'll do if it happens again.