Neverfull ebene cracking....loads of pics!

If you haven't authorized them to replace them ,ask for a refund.
If you're already having it done,ask them what they'll do if it happens again.

They're already working on it and the SA's told me there's a three year warranty for the new strap. My only concern is what happens if the other strap starts peeling and cracking? They'll probably want to replace that one too instead of giving me a new bag or a refund. I really don't want a new DE NF since that one might crack too. I'm starting to regret buying the bag in the first place and I only had it seven months.

I wouldn't take a chance. I'd get it in mono. If my bag starts cracking again after it's fixed I'm pushing for a refund to get a different bag. It's not worth the worries or hassle.

Mary5sok---that's exactly what my strap looked like. One side was worse than the other though.

I agree, not worth the hassle. I hope you can get a refund and get another bag, even the same in monogram if you really love the style.

They're already working on it and the SA's told me there's a three year warranty for the new strap. My only concern is what happens if the other strap starts peeling and cracking? They'll probably want to replace that one too instead of giving me a new bag or a refund. I really don't want a new DE NF since that one might crack too. I'm starting to regret buying the bag in the first place and I only had it seven months.

I thought they were replacing both straps !
Please don't think I'm questioning you ( bc I'm telling you this bc I've never heard of it and I've read ALL the posts about the de nf ), I've NEVER read that there's a 3 year warranty on a nf strap replacement .
If this is a " special thing " that your SA is telling you and not a company
Policy,what happens if your SA leaves.
Even though it's already being repaired,I'd still ask for a refund !

I bought one in March,had it 3 weeks ,used it 5-7 times when I noticed the leaf was tearing away the canvas ( on 3 out of the 4 leafs that the straps attach to .) I got a gift card as a refund in the amount of my purchase. I had no problems with the SA I talked to and was immediately offered a refund, replacement or a new bag .( I a not a VIP, nor do I have a regular SA .)

LV knows this is an issue ! They need to give you a refund ,if you want it.
Ggod luck and keep me posted!

I thought they were replacing both straps !
Please don't think I'm questioning you ( bc I'm telling you this bc I've never heard of it and I've read ALL the posts about the de nf ), I've NEVER read that there's a 3 year warranty on a nf strap replacement .
If this is a " special thing " that your SA is telling you and not a company
Policy,what happens if your SA leaves.
Even though it's already being repaired,I'd still ask for a refund !

I bought one in March,had it 3 weeks ,used it 5-7 times when I noticed the leaf was tearing away the canvas ( on 3 out of the 4 leafs that the straps attach to .) I got a gift card as a refund in the amount of my purchase. I had no problems with the SA I talked to and was immediately offered a refund, replacement or a new bag .( I a not a VIP, nor do I have a regular SA .)

LV knows this is an issue ! They need to give you a refund ,if you want it.
Ggod luck and keep me posted!

Only one strap is being replaced. The other strap is fine....for now. But both sides of that one strap near the tabs are cracking and peeling. That particular SA who mentioned about the three year warranty was giving me crap like "Oh it's normal wear and tear" "that's where the strap bends..." She clearly did not want to accept the bag and have it sent for repairs. There were a total of three SA's looking at my bag and only one was nice enough to call and find out and THEN call me back to let me know the repair would be free. And this was after the bag was already in the process of being fixed.

Should I call them and tell them I want a refund and to stop the repair? I don't think I'm going back to the Boca location anymore after this ordeal.

Only one strap is being replaced. The other strap is fine....for now. But both sides of that one strap near the tabs are cracking and peeling. That particular SA who mentioned about the three year warranty was giving me crap like "Oh it's normal wear and tear" "that's where the strap bends..." She clearly did not want to accept the bag and have it sent for repairs. There were a total of three SA's looking at my bag and only one was nice enough to call and find out and THEN call me back to let me know the repair would be free. And this was after the bag was already in the process of being fixed.

Should I call them and tell them I want a refund and to stop the repair? I don't think I'm going back to the Boca location anymore after this ordeal.

They're probably going to tell you they can't stop the repair.
But when you go to pick it up ,you can inspect the bag,and tell them you want a refund . Tell them you aren't comfortable with the strap issues and are afraid if it happens again that LV won't help out and you'll be stuck with a defective bag.

I can totally commisserate. That recently happened to my NF ebene. I am swearing off ebene NF forever...

I'm beginning to feel the same way! I wish there was an alternative DE bag to the NF though that didn't crack.

They're probably going to tell you they can't stop the repair.
But when you go to pick it up ,you can inspect the bag,and tell them you want a refund . Tell them you aren't comfortable with the strap issues and are afraid if it happens again that LV won't help out and you'll be stuck with a defective bag.

That's a good idea. I'm going to see if I can get something in writing--like the "three year warranty" that SA mentioned. And if they can't give me one, I'll ask for the refund.

Oh crap!...I just looked at mine. I noticed the same thing on the straps where the chap is.

That's terrible!! Bring it in as soon as you can. How old is your bag??

Here she goes...I got her as a gift on Valentine's Day from my DB. :heart: I have been crossing my fingers for this "cracking/peeling" not to happen to me, but it did.... I saw it today while in the cracking checking out my bag. 8 places total :sad: I called Saks LV & the SA told me to bring it in. I asked if she's heard of any cracking of the Neverfull Ebene & she said no....why don't they know? It's all over TPF?!?

DSCN5328.jpg

DSCN5329.jpg

DSCN5330.jpg

DSCN5333.jpg

DSCN5334.jpg

DSCN5335.jpg

DSCN5340.jpg

DSCN5344.jpg

DSCN5345.jpg

DSCN5351.jpg

DSCN5354.jpg

DSCN5355.jpg

DSCN5357.jpg

DSCN5362.jpg

DSCN5363.jpg

DSCN5366.jpg

DSCN5367.jpg

DSCN5370.jpg

DSCN5371.jpg
Ugh, I'm sorry to hear & see this! I hope your store will at least replace the handles or offer a refund. Again, is this acceptable quality for an LV? Sadly, not. :sad:

I'm beginning to feel the same way! I wish there was an alternative DE bag to the NF though that didn't crack.

That's a good idea. I'm going to see if I can get something in writing--like the "three year warranty" that SA mentioned. And if they can't give me one, I'll ask for the refund.

That's terrible!! Bring it in as soon as you can. How old is your bag??
Not even 3 years old. I still have my receipt from when I purchased it at Neiman Marcus, which was last year. :amazed:

Oh my goodness. I have the DE NF. This is so scary. Does this only happen in DE? Mine is not yet 6mos old. Im going to check it later.

Im so sorry this happened to your NF. I do hope they fix it well for you.

Oh my goodness. I have the DE NF. This is so scary. Does this only happen in DE? Mine is not yet 6mos old. Im going to check it later.

Im so sorry this happened to your NF. I do hope they fix it well for you.

I have a mono nf that's 5 years old and has no strap issues.
It's due to the glazing that's put on the straps to make it be ebene.
Check your out and take it in if it's like that !

I am contemplating getting one, and asked an SA at bloomies today if she has heard of this problem. She stated that LV is aware of this and they have altered the way in which they do the hand glazing on this bag now. Not sure whether or not this is accurate info or not.

Is the peeling only an issue with the NF Ebene? Or the Ebene leather in general?? I'm thinking about going with the Speedy 30 in Ebene - partially because of it's low maintenance. I shouldn't have issues with it, right??

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a NV damier and it's peeling off!

I have the MM size, and just carry my wallet, some papers and make up. I make sure not carry my laptop because I am afraid of damaging the handles. But I'm very dissapointed with it already because I just noticed two areas in teh bag where the coating is peeling off.

I am debating wether to take it bag to my local LV store here in Austin, since the bag is a nice memory of my trip in Paris (September of 2012). But I feel I should expect more from LV quality.

I wonder if any of you have had the same issue of the pics below, and if you have any suggestions and if you know what I should I expect after I take it to the LV store. I don't have a local SA since I bought all my first LV pieces during my last trip to Europe ( I got some in Paris, and some in London). My husband, however did buy my a small accesory at the local store back in November.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• p1.JPG
    p1.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 3,167
  • p2.JPG
    p2.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 2,838
Last edited: