Neverfull discontinued?

This seems so weird to me! The Neverfull is not my favorite but it is definitely the starter favorite of most new LVaholics! Every time I go in any LV store at least 4 or 5 Neverfulls are purchased while I am shopping. I hope the Speedy doesn’t go next. But you know we have heard the rumor for several years that monogram is going to be discontinued. Surely not. :wtf:
You and I live in the same metroplex and I totally agree with you that someone's always buying a Neverfull in the LV store. I feel bad for the ones that live in places like Arkansas or New Mexico that want to buy a new one. To have to order one in store, wait a few months, then return back to the store to pay for it? What a pain in the butt.

I understand the exclusivity marketing tactic. Shorten supply for demand to rise. First Hermes, then Chanel classic and now LV started to do it… but why neverfull. I know it’s a popular model but it’s only a simple tote bag after all. Why don’t LV waitlist Capucines. It’s well made, great leather and craftsmanship. They can even release staple colours / seasonal colours / other special kind of leather just like Hermes does. Giving Capucines some sort of exclusivity to drive demand, that would make sense.
Just my opinion is because the capucines is not very popular compared to something like a neverfull. If they waitlist the capucines people will just forget about it completely so they push it on people instead.

I was planning to order a NF GM mono at some point this year so ordered one online on Saturday (UK) after hearing the rumours. The find in store function was showing availability at nearly all the retailers in England on Saturday but I couldn’t reach my nearest LV until at least yesterday or today. I’ve been nervously waiting for updates but UPS have just confirmed delivery for tomorrow midday.
The GM and MM mono are still available to order online in UK so it seems that this recent tactic only applies to US? But I’m guessing it will likely follow here and the rest of Europe soon.

I was talking to a co-worker about this today. Supposedly there is a wait list you can get on, or I believe can go into the store to purchase. I noticed one of the ones I want, Damier Ebene with cherry color , shows as not available. SMH but i notice some models have a "Notify me" option which I assume leads to a wait list. so ridiculous. I do have one NF that was gifted to me years ago, but it's the denim collection. Now when I finally have a chance to grab one it's no more..and the prices have gone up on some of the re-sell sites :/

I was planning to order a NF GM mono at some point this year so ordered one online on Saturday (UK) after hearing the rumours. The find in store function was showing availability at nearly all the retailers in England on Saturday but I couldn’t reach my nearest LV until at least yesterday or today. I’ve been nervously waiting for updates but UPS have just confirmed delivery for tomorrow midday.
The GM and MM mono are still available to order online in UK so it seems that this recent tactic only applies to US? But I’m guessing it will likely follow here and the rest of Europe soon.
I also ordered the exact same as you - on Saturday! I'm also UK. Mine arrived today. It's definitely a huge bag but I will cinch in the sides to make it more compact looking. The MM always looked too small on me when I did that. Hope this GM works out better.

I also ordered the exact same as you - on Saturday! I'm also UK. Mine arrived today. It's definitely a huge bag but I will cinch in the sides to make it more compact looking. The MM always looked too small on me when I did that. Hope this GM works out better.
I do the same thing with my GM. It's so huge when I wear it "open," so I just cinch the sides and make it appear a lot smaller. It definitely helps.

I found a Neverfull GM in the Monogram print at one of my local stores today. This morning I used the "Find in store" feature on the Mexico website, and it showed stock at one of the locations. I thought it might be a "Display Only" bag - which was on the shelf when I arrived - but the SA pulled it straight from the drawer for another client to try on. That client turned it down...and "casually" (tried my best to contain my excitement) let the SA know I was interested. Tried it on, gave it a good once over, and bought it. :biggrin:

If you have the time and live near a store that has lower foot traffic, it might be worth it to pop in and just ask. If it's in the drawers, they'll probably sell it to you. Or, maybe I just got lucky - they mentioned they hadn't quite gotten their waitlist system up and running yet, and they were trying to move the last of the in-store inventory (I saw a few PMs and MMs also). Meanwhile at the larger boutique 30 minutes away, the waitlist was already up and running (I stopped by earlier in the week to ask, and they said "No stock. 2-3 month waiting list.")

I found a Neverfull GM in the Monogram print at one of my local stores today. This morning I used the "Find in store" feature on the Mexico website, and it showed stock at one of the locations. I thought it might be a "Display Only" bag - which was on the shelf when I arrived - but the SA pulled it straight from the drawer for another client to try on. That client turned it down...and "casually" (tried my best to contain my excitement) let the SA know I was interested. Tried it on, gave it a good once over, and bought it. :biggrin:

If you have the time and live near a store that has lower foot traffic, it might be worth it to pop in and just ask. If it's in the drawers, they'll probably sell it to you. Or, maybe I just got lucky - they mentioned they hadn't quite gotten their waitlist system up and running yet, and they were trying to move the last of the in-store inventory (I saw a few PMs and MMs also). Meanwhile at the larger boutique 30 minutes away, the waitlist was already up and running (I stopped by earlier in the week to ask, and they said "No stock. 2-3 month waiting list.")
Now I'm thankful I got one last Sunday. 2-3 months is a no-go and I don't like this b.s. waitlist they're doing.

Looks like it! Marquita has also commented on it. Graceful and odeon (apart from monogram with noir) has gone from uk website. Ah my worst nightmare come true! Not sure if I should panic buy and get the neverfull while it's still available.
I have been wanting the Graceful PM in DA all spring. I waited until we were back from traveling and it was gone :sad:. I was so bummed bc it was my birthday gift this year. I started filling my wishlist with some other options and checked and by chance it was available. Mine should arrive on Sat. Hopefully they will keep popping up!

I loved your story very much! Congrats and enjoy your new mono beauty :love::loveeyes::drinks:

I have been wanting the Graceful PM in DA all spring. I waited until we were back from traveling and it was gone :sad:. I was so bummed bc it was my birthday gift this year. I started filling my wishlist with some other options and checked and by chance it was available. Mine should arrive on Sat. Hopefully they will keep popping up!
So glad you were able to get one! This bag had been in my wishlist since it was released and I finally got it Dec 2021. I’ve been using mine all week and it’s super comfortable to wear and looks so summery. :ghi5:

Fashionphile won’t accept any Neverfulls right now because they have a stock of over 350! I wonder when the best time to sell would be. I’m guessing in a month or so when the waitlist is in full force.
It was not 350 Neverfulls, lets go look at their site just search for Neverfull MM, better not count all the pouches, PMs limited editions (they are different game) and there is really no need to hurry to sell to consignments especially if low prices in my opinion, it always will sell, try Facebook Craigslist, it is such an easy sell bag even selling on your own, just watch out scammers.

Last edited: