Neverfull discontinued?

I understand the exclusivity marketing tactic. Shorten supply for demand to rise. First Hermes, then Chanel classic and now LV started to do it… but why neverfull. I know it’s a popular model but it’s only a simple tote bag after all. Why don’t LV waitlist Capucines. It’s well made, great leather and craftsmanship. They can even release staple colours / seasonal colours / other special kind of leather just like Hermes does. Giving Capucines some sort of exclusivity to drive demand, that would make sense.

Oh my goodness, I caved and ordered a mono NF from Fashionphile. I have (sort of) been missing my mono NF that I sold several years ago and this talk of the bag being discontinued pushed me right over the edge!
I get it. It’s a great bag. I have the monoglam NF sitting in the box in my office so I need to address that bag, as I’m not sure if I like it.

Exactly. That one is (and was the Soft LockIt) the wannabe Birkin for them. But they overproduced it and is readily available in tons of variations in every store. On Friday I saw more Capucines on display than all canvas bags combined. Weird strategy for a high-end product.
It doesn’t seem to be selling well…i see CAs almost begging people to buy it. Poor sales people … they’re always looking to see who will buy the more expensive items.

If they make it rare and exclusive. Only VIPs high-spending being offered etc, all of a sudden, it'll be more "sort-after".
Seems to me that the VIPs wouldn’t be after the NF but I could be wrong. My SA has never even mentioned the NF to me unless it’s a limited edition and usually I ask about it. I get sent pics of stuff that I would never buy…

Seems to me that the VIPs wouldn’t be after the NF but I could be wrong. My SA has never even mentioned the NF to me unless it’s a limited edition and usually I ask about it. I get sent pics of stuff that I would never buy…
Me too - from my local SA. I say, I don't like black leather bags. What does she send? Black Mahina Bags. My previous local SA was better about that except she was never in the store so I gave up and went with online SA who is much more attentive.

I wouldn't go after NF either. If I want one, I probably prefer goyard. Capucines on the other hand, I'm kind of interested but there's no reason for me to buy an LV bag that cost double of other LV bag so I always ended up buying speedy! lol

Reactions: roxi88
I wouldn't go after NF either. If I want one, I probably prefer goyard. Capucines on the other hand, I'm kind of interested but there's no reason for me to buy an LV bag that cost double of other LV bag so I always ended up buying speedy! lol
I don’t have a problem buying the NF but I just don’t see a VIP going after it. I am really curious to see how this strategy plays out..