Neverfull DE Straps

chanelliel

Feb 6, 2019
Any tips on breaking in the DE straps? I know they're pretty notorious for being a pain until they break in, I've had mine for 4 months now and they still haven't broken in yet.. it seems like the only way to really break these in is to load it with a lot of things and use it all the time.

Does anyone have any DIY at home tips?? It's not my every day bag so I don't use it as frequently as some but I'd still like to have nice soft straps for when it does come into rotation.. :')

Tote Ali

Jul 2, 2018
I didn't even know they could be broken in! I found the straps such a pain when I tested it out in the store that I went for a Celine cabas instead. Curious to know if they soften over time!

cmars

O.G.
Jan 6, 2009
at home
It just takes time. I really never notice the straps of mine being stiff when I used it., so stuff in the bag will help to weigh it down. Its a lovely bag, enjoy!

nannch

Jan 19, 2016
I didn't even know they could be broken in! I found the straps such a pain when I tested it out in the store that I went for a Celine cabas instead. Curious to know if they soften over time!
How are you feeling with the Celine cabas? I’m also choosing between Neverfull in Mono and Celine cabas. I like how understate it is but also worry about wear and tear. How you like the bag so far?

saban

O.G.
Jun 18, 2008
Bay Area
I got my first NF with the BTP collection and I've been breaking them in similarly to how I would break shoes in. I will wear it on the shoulder while wearing a sweatshirt or some other thicker fabric. I've been doing this since I got my bag about a week ago and I am already noticing the top of the handles are just the tiniest bit softer than the sides. The sides that are closest to the bag are still all sharp and pointy but I'm hoping that the top will soften up soon.

Reactions: Loriad

Tote Ali

Jul 2, 2018
How are you feeling with the Celine cabas? I’m also choosing between Neverfull in Mono and Celine cabas. I like how understate it is but also worry about wear and tear. How you like the bag so far?
I haven't worn it that much given COVID but I have to say it's holding up well and I've read a lot reviews here saying the same :smile:

Reactions: nannch