~*~Neverfull Club!~*~

Hello Ladies.. this is my first time posting.. hoping I can get some help. My NF DE GM was purchased a little over a year ago, used only a handful of times. Unfortunately I noticed a chip, you can actually see leather is peeling a bit, on the trim of the bag. might have happened when I was forced to stuff it on an airplane overhead compartment on a recent trip. Anyways, I took it to LV to test my luck and see if they would repair.. they did deem it as a 'wear and tear' but offered to replace the entire trim for free to my surprise. my dilemma is do I want to replace the entire trim for a small chip/peel? or should I wait further down the road until trim is more cracked and wrinkled at which case I would want to replace the entire trim. I just hate parting with the bag for 8 weeks. at first I wanted to let this chip not bother me and to just get over it, but everytime I use the bag I cant help but notice it. TIA!!!

Wow they seem to be really generous these days. I will have to check my bags and see if there are repairs that need to be done. [emoji85] can u pls post a photo of leather part?

I would say have it repaired for free now as the chip is bothering you. The 8 week wait is worth it for a peace of mind and joyful continuation with your Neverfull!

Hello Ladies.. this is my first time posting.. hoping I can get some help. My NF DE GM was purchased a little over a year ago, used only a handful of times. Unfortunately I noticed a chip, you can actually see leather is peeling a bit, on the trim of the bag. might have happened when I was forced to stuff it on an airplane overhead compartment on a recent trip. Anyways, I took it to LV to test my luck and see if they would repair.. they did deem it as a 'wear and tear' but offered to replace the entire trim for free to my surprise. my dilemma is do I want to replace the entire trim for a small chip/peel? or should I wait further down the road until trim is more cracked and wrinkled at which case I would want to replace the entire trim. I just hate parting with the bag for 8 weeks. at first I wanted to let this chip not bother me and to just get over it, but everytime I use the bag I cant help but notice it. TIA!!!

Thanks for the advice!
I agree with bbagsgeneve2002, you should have it repaired. I've heard the coating on the straps and the trim on the top edge of the bags can crack.... doesn't happen on the Monogram Vachetta just the DE treated leather. My bag is new, I've only cinched it in once so far and when I did I kind of massaged that edge to make the bend easier. Don't know if it will keep it from cracking but we'll see. I did get new handles for a Monogram bag I had and it only took a few weeks and they did a BEAUTIFUl job. Just like knew. So do it.

Reactions: BUIGOVA
Hello, ladies! Can someone tell me if this wrinkling is normal on a brand new DE Neverfull? I purchased this a few days ago and haven't used it yet. It doesn't bother me, I just want to know because I'm afraid this might lead to premature cracking or peeling, so I want to know if it's normal and/or nothing for me to worry about. The other strap is totally smooth and the bag is otherwise perfect. The date code is from 2017. TIA!
I got a neverfull GM damier evens for my birthday and the handles looked just like your picture. For the amount of money my hubby paid for the bag, I exchanged it for another. The SA at the store was nice enough to let me look at a few bags before selecting the one I'd take home. I'd absolutely take this bag back and exchange for a new one. Your bag should be perfect and exactly as you want it!

Hi! I'm considering buying a 2nd hand neverfull, but can't really decide on the size (mm or gm)... i want to use it for work, and also to take on plane trips for example. My other bags are smaller, and i've used a cloth tote bag for my laptop/lunch/notebook etc. But i'd like to get a bag that fits everything.. my work laptop is 12,5 inches- do you think the mm will be big enough? Thanks for any input :smile:

Reactions: MightyBigRed
Thanks for the advice! that's what I thought, netter to get it fixed now rather than it getting worse within time.
I agree with bbagsgeneve2002, you should have it repaired. I've heard the coating on the straps and the trim on the top edge of the bags can crack.... doesn't happen on the Monogram Vachetta just the DE treated leather. My bag is new, I've only cinched it in once so far and when I did I kind of massaged that edge to make the bend easier. Don't know if it will keep it from cracking but we'll see. I did get new handles for a Monogram bag I had and it only took a few weeks and they did a BEAUTIFUl job. Just like knew. So do it.

Since it's bothering you, you might as well replace it now.

The treated leather doesn't have those issues any longer. I have a NF Idylle from 2012 and the leather peeled not long after having it. My 2015 NF DE has yet to peel (still no signs of peeling) and I've used it at least 5 days a week (work and travel) since I purchased it.

Hi everybody, I already asked the same question in chat but no answer yet! I am eying the NF GM in mono but I don't know if it is too big as a daily bag! I have never tried the GM until last week and I fall in love with the mono one!! Currently, I am using the NF MM! But somehow I feel it is a little small! What do you think! Should I get the GM or not? Will there be limited editions for GMs?

This is what I am carrying now!

View attachment 3620074

Thank you [emoji16][emoji16]
I have the NF GM and LOVE it!! It is def not tooo big at all. I use it as a daily bag. Btw, LOVE your yellow kipling pouch. Where did you find it?