Neverfull - Can't decide

Digo1

Aug 8, 2014
i'm so torn on which size and pattern of the Neverfull to get. I only have one other LV bag (Sully) that I rarely use because of the leather strap which hasn't patinaed yet. When I pull it out to use it the forecast is rain and I don't want the strap to spot. The Sully is the monogram, which I like, but thinking the damier for something different. BUt, the briwn or the gray? No, I can't buy one of each right now. Actually, this is going to be my retirement gift to myself. Don't know how many more are in my future, So want the right decision. Sorry for the venting!

i'm so torn on which size and pattern of the Neverfull to get. I only have one other LV bag (Sully) that I rarely use because of the leather strap which hasn't patinaed yet. When I pull it out to use it the forecast is rain and I don't want the strap to spot. The Sully is the monogram, which I like, but thinking the damier for something different. BUt, the briwn or the gray? No, I can't buy one of each right now. Actually, this is going to be my retirement gift to myself. Don't know how many more are in my future, So want the right decision. Sorry for the venting!

I have a Sully too! If you like the monogram pattern, I would get that. I wouldn't worry so much about "different". I have a Neverfull GM in monogram and it is my favorite bag! (it is such a different bag than the Sully) I just recently got another Neverfull GM in DA for the summer - I just ordered a bag insert for it, so I haven't even started using it yet. I love the pattern and am excited to use it, but we are always excited to use a new bag, so that isn't very helpful! FWIW - if this could be your last Louis for even just a long time, I would probably go with a brown instead of a light color - I see it as more of a year round bag. This is my first DA bag, and I have always used my other LV's year round.

Not sure what your budget is but there is a new MonMono / patch series launching in June. It allows you to add special hand painted "stickers" dates, initials ect. But the nice part is they are offering a NF in Monogram with black leather trim. Just a thought... there are a few photos out there and a bit of chatter on the Prefall 2017 thread or the spring summer 2017 thread.

Congratulations on your retirement. I think no matter what you choose it's a great tote to have. Good luck making your choice.

Hi everyone,
I'm new to Purse Forum and I am hoping you can help me decide. For months I had my heart set on buying a DE Neverfull MM. I currently own the Tivoli which I've had for 7 years. But as fashion (and my work wardrobe) has changed to being more casual, I'm looking to find a less dressy and less heavy replacement for my Tivoli - something a bit more casual that I can still fit in things like a file folder, a notebook, along with wallet, iphone, sunglasses, make up bag, etc. Yesterday I went to the LV store in Toronto, and looked at the Iena, Flandrin, Jersey, Kimono and Tournelle. I ruled out the Tournelle because the MM felt heavy. I also ruled out the Iena as it didn't look that modern or chic. And I ruled out the Kimono because it was not at all comfortable under my arms.

I still love the look of the Neverfull the most, but I'm debating simply because SO many people have it. There's a limited edition Kabuki pattern NF that is gorgeous which would address my concern about looking like everyone else. But I am not sure if I want another monogram pattern vs. a Damier Ebene. The Flandrin I love is the one with red as that is my favourite colour, but that's only aavailable in monogram. I also quite liked the Jersey in DE with light pink because it's got a zipper and is shaped more like the NF. But it's also almost $1000 more than the NF.

At one point, I contemplated the Goyard St. Louis just so I would not look like everyone else, but I decided against it because it was a bit too casual to take to work. I also use my Longchamp Le Pliage in black for travel and weekend shopping/errands and I LOVE how light weight that bag is. If I buy a new bag, i may give my Le Pliage a break so I'm looking for something that can be used for weekends.

I even went as far as popping into Prada to look at one of their new monochrome saffiano bags but I think that will be too dressy for the weekend, even with the more sporty thick strap.

One bag I did not see at the LV store is the Kensington.

Please share your thoughts as I think I'm getting more confused and maybe overthinking the entire purchase. On the one hand, it seems the NF is very popular for resale, but I don't really buy and sell bags. I just want a nice bag that will last me for several seasons as I tend to not change my bags all that often.

Thanks

I'm debating the same for my first bag and in all the videos and reviews I read believe it will be the DE as won't have to worry about staining of the vachetta. I do iive where we get a lot of brief daily rain showers so you may want to factor in your typical weather.

As to size MM would work best for me as can fit my laptop in it. Either try them on or if the SA allows load a bag with what you typically carry and see if you like the look. I have read reviews where people said they downgraded in size from GM as that was too big but that is to each their own. For my size a small bag other than a cross body is disproportionate so medium is typically my fav size.

I'm debating the same for my first bag and in all the videos and reviews I read believe it will be the DE as won't have to worry about staining of the vachetta. I do iive where we get a lot of brief daily rain showers so you may want to factor in your typical weather.

As to size MM would work best for me as can fit my laptop in it. Either try them on or if the SA allows load a bag with what you typically carry and see if you like the look. I have read reviews where people said they downgraded in size from GM as that was too big but that is to each their own. For my size a small bag other than a cross body is disproportionate so medium is typically my fav size.
I ended up going with the DE Neverful MM with the red lining and I love it. The reason why I went with the Neverful is that I'm a tote type of casual person and can throw so much in there when out shopping. I was conflicted between the DA and DE and decided on DE because I wanted a carefree bag that I didn't have to worry about spots on the vachetta. I have the Sully and rarely use it because if that. Go with what you like! You'll love whatever you get. Enjoy!